Calving season 2022 has begun

Help Support CattleToday:

I can tell you've had lots of rain this summer and lots of good grass for these girls to eat . Wish I had time Friday to see all the cows and heifers but we have put about 30 acres of hay on the ground yesterday and today . Will have to get home to rake Friday afternoon .

We
I can tell you've had lots of rain this summer and lots of good grass for these girls to eat . Wish I had time Friday to see all the cows and heifers but we have put about 30 acres of hay on the ground yesterday and today . Will have to get home to rake Friday afternoon .
ll dang I was hopeful you had time to tour cows but I understand the hay on ground. We are thankful to finally have a window to get some cut, I sure don't want to complain when so many are in desperate need of rain. We have had rain almost every day for the past few months if we missed a day it was rare. Today was beautiful they cut yesterday with a 37% chance it did sprinkle but hardly enough to get the tires on the tractor wet so our gamble paid off. Today was perfect hay drying weather and tomorrow is looking to be another beautiful one. We still have a couple of fields to cut but it's looking like we're going to get some in the barn.

We have beautiful weather for hay with 0 chance of rain they are saying through next Monday. Only glitch is 50's at night and upper 70's to low 80's during the day . Feels very fall like and loving the cooler temps . That's why we aren't looking to get to bale till Thursday or Friday. I have a great helper but I hate to put it all on him .

Little bull calf out of commercial first time heifer. One down three to go. Trying to get away from fall calving.
What a cutie I swear when I retire from registered Angus my game plan is a horned Hereford bull to make a pasture full of them. I love a baldy!

Thanks LF it is my favorite time of the year I looked at your calves they are as always really nice I love hearing about your program and seeing how you utilize the various breeds within your program. The Belgian Blue breed has always intrigued me and seeing you using it is just so cool.
Thank you!
Have a couple blue calves due next year, sired by the bulls, which are used in pure breeding. Up until now used only bulls used in dairy indrusty. Will be interesting to see the difference!

What a cutie I swear when I retire from registered Angus my game plan is a horned Hereford bull to make a pasture full of them. I love a baldy!
OR ---- you could use a nice black white face Simmental!!!
I love your 2037 and the last cow. The first one reminds me of a Meme I've seen:
"Judge said I was too fat ---- so I ate him!"
Love to see that rib. Awesome cow.
@beefgirl - love your cow. Calf looks really LONG. Nice pair.

The 2016 heifer calved today so far so Good she had a heifer calf out of SAV Rainfall. i Have two favorites out of the heifer group 2005 a Charlo x Gizmo Blackcap May 0524 is one the other is 2015 a SAV Renown x Gizmo Blackbird D33 2015 calved today a heifer out of Coleman Juneau I am super excited about this calf!

Here is a young cow that I am watching. We purchased her dam 856 a New Day 8005 x Graham Duchess 55 from the Good Neighbor Farm dispersal in Georgia I think it was in 2010 she was the foundation for our Duchess cow family. This female is out of the 856 cow and SAV Reign she had a really nice heifer calf out of SAV Grass Roots 5282. F45 has a weaning ratio of 1124266A905-6AC3-4451-9363-68F6564E523A.jpeg on her first two calves and a yearling ratio of 111. Hopefully she will continue doing a good job on the 2205 heifer. The heifer already shows tremendous depth of body and hip.

I was able to get a few photos today the first is a Grass Roots out of the Duchess cow72481D21-0766-44D6-B9CC-2487612887A2.jpeg
The second shot is a profile view same calf

B2CE4D3D-C643-4320-91E8-60EECC3C8EA4.jpeg
I was checking calves Mike had said to keep an eye out on G24 she was close I found a calf but no mamma. Calf had been cleaned up and was sound asleep which made me feel like she was just tucked away. So I went looking for mamma.
7918AB06-6853-4F63-AAA2-F2C457F68E38.jpeg
Found her at the water tank so drove back to baby.
18B6F7A9-CB17-406C-8F4E-3952AB5B6BBD.jpeg
It didn't take mamma long to get back to baby with an intruder present.
EE2DC1BC-063B-4B17-99FF-34AD8E9D5CD0.jpeg
This is 2203 a Coleman Juneau heifer out of my favorited first calf heifer 2015 these are the ones that get your blood pumping!
414BEE6C-24DC-44DC-8EFA-7B08E6CFA69C.jpeg
The 2015 heifer is holding up really well and doing a jam up job with her calf.7D491D58-BC68-44FE-B759-F86FBC0760A0.jpegA Champion Hill Emblynette daughter out of Resource with her Coleman Charlo bull calf. Man do I love calving season oh my the possibilities!

Attachments

• 83B4D919-1C71-4ABB-BD6F-4147AAB4A97C.jpeg
    83B4D919-1C71-4ABB-BD6F-4147AAB4A97C.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 3
We finally got an inch of rain this week but a couple of big frost have burned our pastures and they are giving 30-32 Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. Little early this year but I have friends that are already feeding hay because of the dry spell we had . We still have a good bit of grass but not growing with conditions like this . Feeding hay is coming soon .

E47CAB93-D6A7-4BC7-82F6-784A0EFAF969.jpeg
i am going to interrupt calving season to give the granddaughter a
shout out. She wanted to halter break a heifer all by herself. We had a cow stifle after putting embryos in we penned her up close to hopefully be able to salvage the ET calf. When it was a heifer I told her daddy that is the perfect way to allow her to break it herself, I couldn't put the cow out with others first heat and she gets mounted would be the end for her. It couldn't have worked out any better she has done a great job with the calf, she stood Grand Champion Angus Heifer at the Pensacola Interstate fair!

D08A05BF-3F25-41DF-BA57-0714D0F75937.jpeg

Latest posts