Bull vaccine regimen

Help Support CattleToday:

Lisagrantb

Reaction score
What regiment do you follow on your bull vaccinations. This would be for mature as well as young replacement bulls.

I would work closely with your vet and ask what they recommend for your operation & location.

My bulls get Vira Shield 6 + L5 HB, and an autogenous Pinkeye (covers both moxarella bovis & bovoculi). Older bulls get wormed once a year, bulls 3 years & younger get wormed twice. And they get their shots while they're at the vet for their BSE.

My bulls get Vira Shield 6 + L5 HB, and an autogenous Pinkeye (covers both moxarella bovis & bovoculi). Older bulls get wormed once a year, bulls 3 years & younger get wormed twice. And they get their shots while they're at the vet for their BSE.
TC pretty much nailed it. I like modified live vaccines. So I used Bovi-Shield Gold 5 L5HB. Moxarella & Bovoculi are a must for me. 7way blk leg is also good. The bulls get wormed at their BSE. Our bulls have access to Purina Wind and Rain year round, but they still get Multi-min90 at BSE time.

We give a clostridial and a respitory to all animals just prior to weaning and then 3 weeks later give the boosters (ultra important) and then every year after we give a single booster to all animals (bulls included). We also worm twice a year (spring /fall) and we try to change brands and administration (ie pour on vs sub-q) each time we do it (parasites will grow immune to same thing year over year)
The only difference with bulls is that we buy vaccines that also contain vibrio and lepto (you can get the v/l in a variety of different vaccines that contain other general protections.

We give a clostridial and a respitory to all animals just prior to weaning and then 3 weeks later give the boosters (ultra important) and then every year after we give a single booster to all animals (bulls included). We also worm twice a year (spring /fall) and we try to change brands and administration (ie pour on vs sub-q) each time we do it (parasites will grow immune to same thing year over year)
The only difference with bulls is that we buy vaccines that also contain vibrio and lepto (you can get the v/l in a variety of different vaccines that contain other general protections
I use pretty much the same game plan, except I only de-worm freshly weaned calves and only the adults that appear to need it. If possible, I like to have a fecal and blood test run on anything that looks poorly. After years in Boer goats, I have learned a lot about de-wormer resistance and how to increase my herds own parasite resistance.

Latest posts