British White cattle at auction, Salem, MO 9/24/16

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
The Sims family will sell 30+ head of reg'd British White cattle at the Salem, MO auction on 9/24/16. A dozen or so will have calves at side; the others are exposed. These cows are reg'd w/ American British White Park Cattle Assoc. -- they might be x-reg'd with the "other" registry, too. Not sure.

Sims fam just needs to do some down-sizing. For more direct info, if interested, call Paul Sims: 573-729-7600

FYI, Sims fam raised a Nat'l Ch bull last year. I've met them. They are straight-up folks.

Wife wants a couple. We can't buy until we move to our bigger farm which can't happen until we sell this one.

So, I'm interested. But, I'm also a day late and a few bucks short. I hope their sale went well.

They often advertise on rollanet. I live in the same community and see their cattle from the road. They are good. I heard they sold well at the sale.

KR Cattle Co":rer8rk6k said:
They often advertise on rollanet. I live in the same community and see their cattle from the road. They are good. I heard they sold well at the sale.

Mr. Sims told me his cattle held their own against the dark-hided ones at the sale, but not what he would expect to get at private sale for registered animals. I think all that sold went without papers. It was a little too far for me to drive ...

I was finishing my hay on that day, so I did not get to go. I live less than 20 minutes from the barn and that is where I sell. I did not know what to expect. I sold one Parks cow there about 4 years ago and she did as good as anything else that day. Even though black cattle do the best here, people know Sims have good cattle.

The Sims fam have some heifers for sale now, also -- private treaty. But if you know them, where they are, and interested, get in touch. They are good folks. I met them at a sale in Neb. a couple years ago -- Paul told me if I was flying from WA to Neb. just to meet and greet other BW breeders, he could come from MO to do the same.

I cannot make myself to short form for your name, Son of Butch! :) I think the Sims fam held their own at that sale against the dark-hided cattle, as commercial cattle, from what Mr. Sims told me after. Don't know if any went w/ papers. Midwest, I think the market is still good for them. They have shows and stuff, and maybe more folks interested in "heritage" cattle. Out here in the Pac NW, we have some original, older breeders -- knowing there is no show market for the white cattle, and whites will not bring same $$ as blacks at auction -- they no longer register, although they have purebred cattle. And when I say "some," I mean like three or four. That's a problem for me, as some of my older girls will need to be replaced soon, and we seem to have lots more bull calves than heifers. I have a tank full of good bulls, but do not expect that good white cattle here will ever bring market same as black cattle; can't even find a kid that wants to show one in 4-H against a black. Still, I find them to be very grass efficient, good carcasses at slaughter, easy to handle and work with, good mama cows. I'll keep doing what I'm doing, but I never take anything to auction. Kathie

Kathie in Thorp":1wr1xoja said:
The Sims fam have some heifers for sale now, also -- private treaty. But if you know them, where they are, and interested, get in touch. They are good folks. I met them at a sale in Neb. a couple years ago -- Paul told me if I was flying from WA to Neb. just to meet and greet other BW breeders, he could come from MO to do the same.

This family is always across from us at Farm Fest, with a few cattle on display. They sure seem like nice people, and will talk your ear off if you have the time. Even Ron got to know them when he was down helping sells bulls. :nod:

Fire Sweep Ranch":1crrt7jg said:
Kathie in Thorp":1crrt7jg said:

This family is always across from us at Farm Fest, with a few cattle on display. They sure seem like nice people, and will talk your ear off if you have the time. Even Ron got to know them when he was down helping sells bulls. :nod:

Yes, Paul Sims has the gift of gab, for sure!

Latest posts