Boudin Noire

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Had a friend send me some spices from Scotland and wanted me to try this. I have to admit I had some reservations but have been slaughtering pigs lately so I thought it would be a good time to give it a go.

First, had to collect the primary ingredient.

IMG_5964.jpg

Mixed this with spices and oatmeal.

IMG_5965.jpg

Poured mixture into a free-range organic fresly slung hog middle and steeped for 20 minutes.

IMG_5967.jpg

Chilled, sliced and pan fried in bacon drippings. I gotta say, while those people across the lake may talk funny english and don't know how to drive, I think they may be on to something here. Had I not known what it was I would have sworn it was some really tender or emulsified sausage patty. Crissy, don't know if this qualifies as a proper english breakfast or not but it was pretty good.

IMG_5970.jpg

I'll edit the first picture. I had some grave reservations about it myself but the adventuresome side got the best of me and I have to say it is pretty good stuff. Its definitely the best oatmeal I ever ate. :lol2:

HD, I'll try and make ammends to you. How bout an organic, grassfed, free range corn fattened, peanut finished two inch thick pork chop sound?

IMG_5968.jpg

Jogeephus":3jblgh8p said:
I'll edit the first picture. I had some grave reservations about it myself but the adventuresome side got the best of me and I have to say it is pretty good stuff. Its definitely the best oatmeal I ever ate. :lol2:

HD, I'll try and make ammends to you. How bout an organic, grassfed, free range corn fattened, peanut finished two inch thick pork chop sound?

IMG_5968.jpg

Those chops look great !!!!!!! I bet you can cut them with a just a fork when prepared. Looking forward to some smoking pics of the hams . :D

that blood sausage looks good. Reminds me of what we used to make when I was kid.

Jogee, will pass on the blood sausage, thank you very much.

Now....the pork chops I'll certainly consider! I'd say those pigs had some hard-boiled eggs, now, didn't they? (Just ask Hook, he'll tell you.)

While I don't doubt your culinary skills one bit I will pass on the blood sausage. With the ADHD and all i can't be guaranteed you followed the steps correctly. :oops:
Now on the chops. They look great. More rib left on em than I'm use to though.
If you fed the pigs eggs make sure you boil them first. The eggs, not the pigs. That would make Gale mad.

Last night I smoked bacon and rather than waste a lot of wood just for the bacon I called a few people and they brought some meat and we ended up cooking some pork chops (to eat during cook), boston butts, loins and some chickens. Took the chops and soaked them in a sweet pickle then dusted with chipotle pepper mix and smoked them. They were pretty good however I'm not sure why but I have a slight headache this morning and one of my spark plugs seems to be fowled for some reason. I'm thinking it was the peppers.

Latest posts