Bad luck keeps on coming

Help Support CattleToday:

Not sure how a cow could be accidentally torn apart. The only good loophole I discovered is that if I have 5k coverage for a bull it doesn't specify a certain bull. If I have three bulls and one gets hit by lightning or drowned it's covered. Doesn't matter what I paid for it.

Looks like the policy only covers losses due to most anything except a health issue. There have been many high dollar cattle that died of "bloat" that were apparently covered, but no doubt different policy terms.

I will say, the airplane thing can be an issue. We used to live near a local airport-right under the flight path. We had coverage for airplanes falling out of the sky. Now we live next to SpaceX testing facility-nothing leaves the ground (static tests), so no coverage for any damages incurred by ground shaking during tests. Insurance is a funny thing.

My dads and grandfathers old farm was about 1/4 mile off the end of a small airport. Had two ultralights lose power on the approach and land in the pasture. Current farm isn't to far from a regional airport so I see plenty or air traffic over head. Probably not a bad idea to have airplane coverage.

Latest posts