BACK FROM KIRK STIERWALTS

Help Support CattleToday:

Snider_Angus

Reaction score
Took 9 head up to Kirk Stierwalts last night and had their feet trimmed. I was very interested to look around at the way they run things up there. i was constantly asking his assistant questions about all he was doing and what did what. It is really interesting to go and look how the big boys do things. I saw a steer that they are taking to Denver on Thursday, that was weighing 1350 on an empty stomach and his rear end was as wide as he was tall!!! WOW

I went to one of Kirk's clinics 4 years ago and it was the best money I ever spent. The only thing I didn't like that he did was trim hooves. I don't care for having my calves hooves ground. The guy I go to does the calves just like a farrier does a horse. You can mess up too quick with a grinder.

Cowboy 2.0":11oxae4p said:
I went to one of Kirk's clinics 4 years ago and it was the best money I ever spent. The only thing I didn't like that he did was trim hooves. I don't care for having my calves hooves ground. The guy I go to does the calves just like a farrier does a horse. You can mess up too quick with a grinder.

Totally agree with you, his clinics are well worth the money. On the other hand, the guy that does our steer's hooves uses a grinder. I am always pleased with the way they turn out (no pun intened lol). :D

I'm notsaying they can't do a good job with them, but I have seen too many calves messed up before a show with a grinder.

i've went to his clinic he has in arcadia Fl for the past 5 years. i have so much fun and he's a very good teacher. best money spent. he showed us some pics of the calves that he had at the house and i think he showed us that one hes taking to denver. it was a good calf.

Latest posts