Attack on the cattle industry continues

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
This was provided to me by NO REST FARM a member on here and boy is this sad - Not meant to be about politics but about more issues we are facing.

https://ijr.com/yang-says-get-people-stop-eating-meat-taxing-producers/

2020 Democratic presidential hopeful Andrew Yang is sharing his plan on how he'll get people to cut down on their meat consumption to combat climate change.

During Thursday's climate change forum hosted by MSNBC, the 2020 Democrat was asked by an audience member about "what policy adjustments" he'd make to "curb expansion and reduce the environmental impact of the cattle industry" in order to "reduce demand."

While noting the cattle industry is "energy expensive," Yang said he'd want cattle producers to "internalize the cost of emissions."

"Because if your cattle ends up polluting a lot, which they do just naturally — we don't hate them for it, they're just animals. […] So then what that would naturally do — and some people are going to hate this — but it'd probably make those products more expensive," he said. "And that is appropriate because there's a cost to producing food in that way."

Yang continued, "And so if you were to make it more expensive, then you would end up changing consumption patterns over time."

MSNBC's climate forum is a two-day event held at Georgetown University where students are able to ask presidential candidates about their climate change plans.

Watch the video below:
During the last climate change town hall on CNN, Yang was asked about if American's should change their eating habits, in which he said it would be good if they did "eat less meat."

"So I think it would be healthy on an individual and societal level to move in that direction," he said, adding, "But again this is a country where there is a lot of individual autonomy and so you can't force people's eating choices on them. All you do now is try to shape our system so that over time we evolve in a productive way."

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) was also among those during CNN's town hall who said they'd consider changing laws surrounding meat consumption, as IJR previously reported.

You know the "What to do with land if the cattle industry collapsed" article was bad enough, now this?

Let's all just get stoned and watch TV.

It's not like he is going to get the nomination. And most sane people know that you can't trust a Liberal in the first place. The most disturbing thing I seen in that video is the hoard of young voters ready to declare war on farming.

Buffalo are ruminants. There were millions on the plains grazing and farting. There were no media or tree hugging pansies back then.

There are 94 Million head of cattle in the US and 327 million people. Sure cattle ends up polluting a lot, but 327 million humans pollute a lot also. I have never heard anything so stupid in my life when they take about cattle polluting. There are 150 million dogs and cats in the US as I bet they pollute a lot also.

Never heard of candidate Yang but he's just playing to the audience like any other politician would do.

trade carbon credits on the stock market,
carbon tax on u.s. citizens,
send money to africa, cause they are most affected,
stop domestic oil/gas drilling and production,
and now quit eating beef.

hardly ever hear to just quit driving and flying so much.

ccr said:
trade carbon credits on the stock market,
carbon tax on u.s. citizens,
send money to africa, cause they are most affected,
stop domestic oil/gas drilling and production,
and now quit eating beef.

hardly ever hear to just quit driving and flying so much.

Yeah, no one mentions the planes, i read somewhere the industry consumes 200 million tonnes of fuel a year, pretty sure that would do a bit more than my cow burps. Methane is the problem, not co2, and one of the biggest producers of methane is the oil and gas industry. And to me grass can compost and release its methane, or do the same in a cow while growing some meat.

I don't get this cattle pollute thing.

My cattle poop. Bugs digest it. It goes back into the soil. I am happy that my cows feed my grass with nutrients.

Sure they burp and whatever, so did buffalo before them.

I don't get it.

There is a money angle here somewhere. What is it?

Money angle? Certainly there is one.. Look at Impossible and Beyond.. they stand to make fortunes off it because of this drivel

jltrent said:
There are 94 Million head of cattle in the US and 327 million people. Sure cattle ends up polluting a lot, but 327 million humans pollute a lot also. I have never heard anything so stupid in my life when they take about cattle polluting. There are 150 million dogs and cats in the US as I bet they pollute a lot also.

What do these people think will happen to the 94 million if we don't slaughter +30 million per yer? In two years of no slaughtering, the number of cattle in the US will be well over 200 million. So wouldn't slaughtering and eating the meat be better for the environment??

sim.-ang.king said:
jltrent said:

What do these people think will happen to the 94 million if we don't slaughter +30 million per yer? In two years of no slaughtering, the number of cattle in the US will be well over 200 million. So wouldn't slaughtering and eating the meat be better for the environment??

They are not thinking limiting slaughter - all cattle get slaughtered and buried in pits. Wipe out industry all together. No cattle in North America period. Sales of cattle and beef are banned.

How did Yang get to the forum on climate change?

Surely he and other participants walked there.

No way they would burn fossil fuels because they would look like hypocrites

Yang and Harris are young, fringe candidates that will fade away after the primary. They have to say outrageous things to get any attention at all. The chosen Democrat (either Biden, Warren, or Sanders) will become more centrist as soon as they become the candidate. Centrist Democrats will try to woo farmers. Happens every time. Don't sweat it.

Little Cow said:
Yang and Harris are young, fringe candidates that will fade away after the primary. They have to say outrageous things to get any attention at all. The chosen Democrat (either Biden, Warren, or Sanders) will become more centrist as soon as they become the candidate. Centrist Democrats will try to woo farmers. Happens every time. Don't sweat it.

You honestly think Sanders or Warren can track back to the center? I sure don't.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Little Cow said:

You honestly think Sanders or Warren can track back to the center? I sure don't.

Must be a different center, than you and I are envisioning.

Latest posts