Are you a cow-a-holic

Help Support CattleToday:

txshowmom

Reaction score
Can you say 'sheath' in public without blushing?
Do you drive a truck with some type of towing package and/or dual rear wheel when everyone else you know drives a real car?
Do you have more than one type of trailer because you own cows?
Do you spend your hoildays going to shows, sales, clinics, and seminars when everyone else goes on
cruises?
Do you discuss things at the dinner table that would make a doctor leave in disgust?
Do you consider formal wear clean jeans and freshly scraped boots?
Does the inside of your home look like your interior decorator is 'Sullivan Show Supply'?
Do you often have barn boots on your front porch?
Is your mail made up primarily of breed magazines and sale catalogs?
Do your shirt pockets often contain bits of feed, hay, and empty syringe covers?
Do you worry about paying your monthly feed bill before you think of paying your electric bill?
When you meet a person, do you ask how many cows they have, and pity them if the answer is none?
Do you remember the name of a great-great-great grandsire when you can't remember your own Great grandfather's name?
Is your primary dream in life to breed the perfect calf?
Do you find non-cow people boring?
Do you have a collection of halters and showsticks even larger than your collection of cows?
Does you halter collection include more than four calf halters, all the same size?
Do you know more than five people this list fits exactly?

I was starting to think there was something wrong with ME! Good to know I'm not alone!

Doesn't fit never owned a show halter, I guess I have a show stick fine piece of hickory. Guess I run with a different kind of cattlemen none fit this list.

I'm with you Burno. Nothing against show people. My idea of the perfect calve is the next heathy one that hits the ground and makes me money. ;-)

Scotty

Since returning from the ER this afternoon, with 3 broken toes, I think I may be able to add one...
You may be a cow-a-holic, if when offered rented crutches, you say no thank you, you'll be fine with the sorting stick you used to get yourself in there.

I don't show, never have, never been around people that show, but a lot of those fit me. I don't understand the "I am not a show person, so I don't fit into these comments". There are only 3 on the list that primarily pertain to showing. I pretty much fit all the others.

Dee":3fng4owj said:
Since returning from the ER this afternoon, with 3 broken toes, I think I may be able to add one...
You may be a cow-a-holic, if when offered rented crutches, you say no thank you, you'll be fine with the sorting stick you used to get yourself in there.
Guess you're gonna make somebody beg for it, huh, Dee? Okay. I'll be the one. Please tell us the rest of the story!

We all hope you recover soon! But, first you got to 'fess up. We all promise not to laugh (where you can hear us). ;-)

Texan":1vs9afj7 said:
Dee":1vs9afj7 said:
Guess you're gonna make somebody beg for it, huh, Dee? Okay. I'll be the one. Please tell us the rest of the story!

We all hope you recover soon! But, first you got to 'fess up. We all promise not to laugh (where you can hear us). ;-)

Probably tried that gentle cow tail twist Craig was talkin about and almost got a lung kicked out.

My cattle round up and sort was a little hard on me. Had a #600 pound calf step on me, with another one getting me on my way limping out of the pen. Same foot! I bought a pair of steel toed boots today tho. I learned my lesson the first time.

Dee":35ewzn7t said:
My cattle round up and sort was a little hard on me. Had a #600 pound calf step on me, with another one getting me on my way limping out of the pen. Same foot! I bought a pair of steel toed boots today tho. I learned my lesson the first time.

the steel toed boots will wear out,
trust me on that one

Latest posts