AR 15

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm sure it will be slanted.

Remember when they dumped all those SKS's on the market in the US? I bought one for $89 at Roses complete with bayonet and a ammo belt. Or maybe I didn't. :mrgreen:

A guy I work with bought three during the first presidential campaign. He has now sold 2 of them and is money ahead. The price of guns and ammo has gotten out of control. Supply and demand rules. The demand is up there.

Demand for the AR15's has went down the drain. Prices are as cheap or cheaper than before all this happened. One problem is the ammo for sure.

I asked Bass Pro to call when they had a Mini 14 or Ar available. They called and asked if I still wanted a Mini. I said no. Didn't know what good it would do me without ammo.
I had seen used one at a gunshow for $1,000 maybe three or four weeks ago. The new one was $847 I think last week.

I got every one of them in trades and dont have a lot in any of them. Makes me feel better if im wasting some. I don't have a reason why but I love shooting the mini 14's but don't like the AR's much. I had a bullpup back in the winter and hated it.

Ryder":2woqpovz said:
The newer minis suposedly have better accuracy.
I heard or read or saw somewhere that the minis are more reliable whereas the AR is more prone to jams.

I just sold a mini 14 stainless target with laminate stock. It would put every shot in touching holes at 100yds. But it looked much better as $100 bills. :nod:

I've had three mini's and the best I could get out of any of them was a pattern. None of them would shoot a group worth a hoot, I got rid of every one of them and haven't looked back and wished I'd kept at least one.

kenny thomas":1azr2alr said:
Ryder":1azr2alr said:
I heard or read or saw somewhere that the minis are more reliable whereas the AR is more prone to jams.

I just sold a mini 14 stainless target with laminate stock. It would put every shot in touching holes at 100yds. But it looked much better as $100 bills. :nod:

My mini is very accurate as well.

Caustic Burno":4jytyt7b said:
kenny thomas":4jytyt7b said:
Ryder":4jytyt7b said:

My mini is very accurate as well.
The one I had would be lucky to shoot "minute of elephant" Dumped it and now have an AR that shoots as well as all but one of my bolt actions but not as well as any of my Contenders.

kenny thomas":1dxz9p6u said:
Ryder":1dxz9p6u said:

Kenny you shoulda had that one gold plated and put it in the safe. I tried to load for one a few years ago and couldn't get it to group under minute of pie plate at 100yds.

Caustic Burno":1smi0arf said:
The ones since they retooled at Ruger are supposed to be much more accurate.
Mine is a tack driver.

this was one of the old ones. After over 200 rounds of trying to find a lot it would shoot i offered my buddy 500 for it just so i could wrap it around a tree.

The "new" minis do group better, but no where as close as an ar. Two different platforms intended for two different uses.

Latest posts