Anyone moving money to bonds ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Colored calves are bringing almost $4/pound here in se mn. Even the holsteins are bringing $2.00
I guess I stopped watching too early, this is the highest and it was a black cross:
OTTERTAIL MN 1-BlkX -Bull-Calves-135-390.00-H....... Holsteins were going near $2.00 here also.
I see you are in SE MN. I grew up in Austin and the original family farm was in Nevada Township.

With the collapse of SVB and now another bank going down is anyone moving to bonds ??
No, I'm out of the stock market and bonds. Bonds and bond rates/prices are just as manipulated as stocks...and have fallen hard, as hard as stocks. Bonds are not a safe haven anymore. I'm sticking to capital preservation and stable value funds, and T-Bills....until what I've calculated, forecast, see and believe will be at least a 60% correction from Jan. 2022's market top. It could take several years to fall...as prop-ups are common. I expect to be back into stocks sometime in 2024 or 2025...or if we just go sideways for 10 years while they prop-up I'm never returning back into the synthetic manipulated stock market. I will never enter the dangerous bond arena ever again. People lost 22% holding what they thought were safe bonds...I lost 4% and saw what was going on and left quickly.

I've been in cash for a long time because a downturn is inevitable. The market is way higher than can be justified. But I gotta say... it's amazing how the economists have kept the market stable for so long. Smart people. Still looking for the bubble to burst sooner rather than later. By the end of the week we should know if this is it.
The economists or media (some are hilarious in their insight predictions) haven't kept the markets stable...it's our FEDs trading desk friend the "Plunge Protection Team" PPT with open book funds to buy and buy everything....I believe the PPT is a programmed entity...they put in a % or a Dow,S&P/Nasdax figure and it goes out and buys until it reaches..props up the market to that number/% automatically. They really can pull rabbits out of their hat...for decades (two decades done successfully)...it remains to be seen if they can do it for 1/2 a century.

interest rate and inflation rate (weighted to inflation) = adjustment twice per year May 1st and November 1st
..but even then...it's whatever THEY want the numbers to be. It's not weighted fairly...if they want to keep some of your I-Bond monies in their own pocket...they darn sure will. First the stock market became a manipulated joke....now the Bonds are a joke. Why would you want to carry-invest in someone else's debt....unless you knew the rate in advance and it was insured...T-Bills.

when bonds start to go south the Dow , etc. should be heading north so bonds can be cashed and move to some ETF's of dividend stocks.
True..they should be and did (bond money went out of bonds and into the market)...this year big time....but now people that did that wised up...bonds ARE just like stocks now....neither are safe. Less and less bond money will be going back into stocks. The wealthy will move their capital preservation, stable funds, T-Bills back into the markets once the stock market has reached the bigger bottom..phase 3...probably 2024 or 2025...it;'s going to be long and drawn out with a plunge protection team buying everything...until they realize they cannot hold up everything themselves.
...but hey, what a Grrreat way to get people back into the stock market...collapsing what everyone thought were safe bonds 23%. it was a joke...played on us.

Texas Rancher is correct!!
The old adage of "You can fool the stock market but you can't fool the bond market" is certainly no longer true.

In other news, Coinbase Global, the largest digital asset trading platform in the usa, announced as of March 29 it is suspending trading of 6 cryptocurrencies. The announcement is to give their customers ample time to make other arrangements for their cryptocurrency investments.

Latest posts