Anyone from Canada using Bale Bonnets?

Help Support CattleToday:

canoetrpr

Reaction score
These looked like a good ticket to cover my hay bales. I store them on pallets and/or on gravel and feed one or two bales at a time so I liked the single bale bonnets.

Unfortunately shipping per box of 16 is like 100 bucks! Just wondering if any other folks from Canada is using a similar solution to these sourced locally?

not in canada, but I found em to be a pain in the butt. Same company has a super bonnet that covers 12 to 15 bales at a time. Those really work well, and have lasted many years for me

houstoncutter":25mvl44y said:
not in canada, but I found em to be a pain in the butt. Same company has a super bonnet that covers 12 to 15 bales at a time. Those really work well, and have lasted many years for me

How do you keep your super bonnet on?

houstoncutter":1vpj2a18 said:
The ones I have used have long nail that you stick in the bail, and attach to a clip on the cover itself.

Yep, but mine blew off several times... May need a windbreak for the hay storage ;-)

Dont use the clips that come with em. Get some elecric fence wire and do your twists around the poker chip. Mine stayed on during both Hurricanes Rita and Ike, and they where right out in the open. Leave the wire on the plastic, them you really put those things on fast and tight

Latest posts