Angus bull - Nichols Extra H6

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this bull? He's an ABS bull, AAA #13207590, an EXT son.

I've posted a link below to his pedigree on the AAA website. We used him some, but sold everything we had bred to him. His growth numbers are high, with pretty good accruacies, but I'd like to hear from anyone who has calves on the ground. Thanks...

Link to pedigree: http://www.angus.org/common/epd_ped_dtl ... 4545594C42

Frankie I am not a purebred Angus breeder but knowing Mr. Nichols cattle and reading what you post I wonder if the bull would have enough frame to suit you.

ollie":376pck7m said:
Frankie I am not a purebred Angus breeder but knowing Mr. Nichols cattle and reading what you post I wonder if the bull would have enough frame to suit you.

That's one reason I posted the question. They claim he has more frame than EXT and we used him a bunch. I haven't seen H6 being used much around here; but he's being used somewhere to get his accuracies up.

Frankie":1sfk4o0j said:
ollie":1sfk4o0j said:

That's one reason I posted the question. They claim he has more frame than EXT and we used him a bunch. I haven't seen H6 being used much around here; but he's being used somewhere to get his accuracies up.
I would think Mr. Nichols would have enough cattle to make accuracies rise strictly out of his own cattle.

ollie":2fpy6u94 said:
Frankie":2fpy6u94 said:
ollie":2fpy6u94 said:

I would think Mr. Nichols would have enough cattle to make accuracies rise strictly out of his own cattle.

That might be true except the Angus Assn holds accuracies at .85 until data is being reported from several breeders. I'll look up the percentages required to get above .85 if you're interested....

Frankie":1s2y8l5d said:
ollie":1s2y8l5d said:
Frankie":1s2y8l5d said:
ollie":1s2y8l5d said:

That might be true except the Angus Assn holds accuracies at .85 until data is being reported from several breeders. I'll look up the percentages required to get above .85 if you're interested....
I would trust Mr. Nichols cattle to be thick, volumeous, sound , functional cattle . As you know the epd accuracy threshold interests me less than a dentists drill.

ollie":28tn30b1 said:
Frankie":28tn30b1 said:
Frankie":28tn30b1 said:

I would trust Mr. Nichols cattle to be thick, volumeous, sound , functional cattle . As you know the epd accuracy threshold interests me less than a dentists drill.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Thought about using him on my PFred heifers to get that EXT to better the udder potential on the calves. I backed out on him due to not enough depth, and for some reason I think the frame was short. Am using Alliance I87 instead. Still not crazy about the frame score on him either. AI tech said he had a few guys use Extra H6 last year, but no thumbs up or down report yet.

Dee":louk5072 said:
Thought about using him on my PFred heifers to get that EXT to better the udder potential on the calves. I backed out on him due to not enough depth, and for some reason I think the frame was short. Am using Alliance I87 instead. Still not crazy about the frame score on him either. AI tech said he had a few guys use Extra H6 last year, but no thumbs up or down report yet.

Thanks, Dee...

I just bought a daughter off of him and a rosebud cow. she has eye appel and lots of frame. Her YW is in the 1% along with her milk and TM she lacks a little in her ww. She comes from a preformance herd. At the sale Nichols Extra H6 offspring seemed to be well sought after both in bulls and replacement heifers. If that helps you any. Robbi

Latest posts