Angus and what?

Help Support CattleToday:

Tomcolvin

Reaction score
Bought these 2 calves. They are about 9 months and one weighs about 500+ pounds, the other about 450+. Pounds. Both have a little white at the back of belly under them. What cross good this be?

Here are the pics

Attachments

• IMG_0315.jpeg
    IMG_0315.jpeg
    600.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0318.jpeg
    IMG_0318.jpeg
    661.2 KB · Views: 36
Did you buy them at a sale, or from an individual. Hat did the seller say they were? These are heifers?
They are heifers, and came from an individual. The seller didn't know what cross they were. He had them as bottle babies for his daughter to raise and they had grown up well. They are at least 1/2 angus. I had suspected Holstein but still not sure.

They are heifers, and came from an individual. The seller didn't know what cross they were. He had them as bottle babies for his daughter to raise and they had grown up well. They are at least 1/2 angus. I had suspected Holstein but still not sure.
Lot of Angus x Holstein cows out there producing some nice beef babies. Don't you have a Brangus bull? That would be an excellent bull to breed them to. You pour the protein to them,. and they will grow a LOT more. I wouldn't kick them out of my pastures. They gonna make you some nice cows.

Lot of Angus x Holstein cows out there producing some nice beef babies. Don't you have a Brangus bull? That would be an excellent bull to breed them to. You pour the protein to them,. and they will grow a LOT more. I wouldn't kick them out of my pastures. They gonna make you some nice cows.

LOL... If there is one thing I've seen from your posts... it is that there is no cow in the world that you wouldn't kick out of your pastures. What is the average time you own an animal?

And I'm no example of long term ownership either.

LOL... If there is one thing I've seen from your posts... it is that there is no cow in the world that you wouldn't kick out of your pastures. What is the average time you own an animal?

And I'm no example of long term ownership either.
It is hard to say, Travlr. I have a horse that is 22 years old, that was foaled on my place, There are others I owned from the time I paid the seller, to when they arrived at the buyers. I have bought and sold both horses and cattle that I never even saw in person. I guess on average I will own an animal from the time I aquire it til I can sell it for a profit. Horses, cows, dogs....anything...the longer you keep it, the greater the chances of illness, injury or death. I rarely keep a calf after it is weaned at 6 mos. But, those half Brahma/ half Dairy heifers, I will keep til they area year or so old, then sell as as open replacements. When I sold the Kudzu Corriente herd a year or so ago, there were cows in it that were 15 yrs old or older, and some of those were daughters of Corr cows I had for 15 or so years before that. Out of those 5 dairy cows , I will keep 4 of them til they have had 4 or 5 calves. Only one we won't sell is Gail. Those 8 Brahma heifers I bought the other day, I plan on raising f1 Heifers off of them for the next 10 years or so, or until someone comes along that wants them more than I do! :)