American Angus Association

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanSpears

Reaction score
Am I alone, or does it seem like the American Angus Association ringmen and auctioneers are extremely dishonest. Almost every sale I go to I see them taking non-existent bids, running up prices on people, doing things like someone trying to bid $4000, but since that person and another person bid close to the same time, just putting them in at $4250 instead of asking.

They are doing these things to elderly people, women, young people, and such. I've had enough of it. If you practice a religion, I hope in your religion doing things like that is forbidden. You better be glad mine encourages non-violence or I'd want to fight some of you.

Some of you country people still call African Americans the N-word. Do you know who I think that word more accurately describes....

You guys

I know it is happening and has happened year after year. It is the highest level of corruption for an association. the big takeover some years back put more former reps and power brokers in power. I know where I will never buy anything. If they cheat on price, they cheat on data, weights... You better know the breeder and the seller. All that glitters is not gold.

Wherever whenever people are involved there is the probability of shenanigans. People will figure out a way to use anything to their advantage. It may not be exactly ethical but probably not illegal.
There are plenty of tricks of the trade and slights of hand anywhere in the cattle business.
As @Ebenezer said, "All that glitters is not gold". You have to learn what is going on sometimes it takes time to put the pieces together. Once you can then its your choice to continue to play the game or seek out other avenues to purchase or market.

Last edited:
Some people are meek and won't stand up for themselves.
I'm saying this in all seriousness... not to be a smart azz... if a person is meek and worried about corruption in the cattle industry... a purebred auction for any breed is the last place they should probably go. 😄

Have you never been to an auction other than an Angus Association auction? Thats how auctions work, like it or not. I have to assume you have some sort of problem with the AAA to be singling them out for something that happens at every auction that takes place.

In Australia, Angus Australia do not have anything to do with auction sales other than reporting the results. Breeders engage a livestock agent to run the sale for them, breeders do their own promotion as well. Angus Australia will provide the data and can produce the catalogue for you but it stops there.
Is this not the case in the US, from what the original poster is saying they suggest that AAA is conducting the sale???

Ken

In Australia, Angus Australia do not have anything to do with auction sales other than reporting the results. Breeders engage a livestock agent to run the sale for them, breeders do their own promotion as well. Angus Australia will provide the data and can produce the catalogue for you but it stops there.
Is this not the case in the US, from what the original poster is saying they suggest that AAA is conducting the sale???

Ken
From my understanding, the AAA doesn't conduct sales, they may have a regional representative at the sale. The sales I have been to have been conducted by a separate company,

From my understanding, the AAA doesn't conduct sales, they may have a regional representative at the sale. The sales I have been to have been conducted by a separate company,
The reps work as ringmen and buyers. They can be crooks and some are. You just have to follow the sale animals after the sale and see if all of the buyer manes are real. And I am talking 100's of animals in some semiannual sales.

Some people are meek and won't stand up for themselves.
Uhh, so you are saying, that you were at a Reg Angus auction, and an auctioneer told a buyer he had him at $4200, but the man didn't really bid, but he was so meek and timid that he paid the $4200 anyway?!!! And, I hear a lot more urban folks, especially blacks, calling each other nigga. Where are you from,. boy?

Ken
You are correct,. Ken. That is how wit is done here as well, whether it be registered Angus, Brahman, Quarter Horse, Arabians, or whatever.

Am I alone, or does it seem like the American Angus Association ringmen and auctioneers are extremely dishonest. Almost every sale I go to I see them taking non-existent bids, running up prices on people, doing things like someone trying to bid $4000, but since that person and another person bid close to the same time, just putting them in at $4250 instead of asking.

They are doing these things to elderly people, women, young people, and such. I've had enough of it. If you practice a religion, I hope in your religion doing things like that is forbidden. You better be glad mine encourages non-violence or I'd want to fight some of you.

Some of you country people still call African Americans the N-word. Do you know who I think that word more accurately describes....

You guys
Wow. Going good until you went racist. Ruined your whole rant.

what does an illegal run u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts