all I want for Christmas.. is him!

Help Support CattleToday:

Santa can drop him off here if he misses your place!

Funny how his top line looks better on the video than it does in the still. Starlake sure does a nice job on their website.

Jim

knersie, what all do you not like about him? if it's alot, don't worry i'll b here all day. always like to learn something

Weak topline, loose shoulder and very small scrotum, I also want muscle that carry down lower to the hocks. I also don't want to bring in long soft pasterns into my herd considering the rough terrain.

This is proof that the best genetics do not always create a good individual. Too many people look at the paper and not at the animal. Just because it looks good on paper does not mean that it is worthy of reproducing.
He looks effeminate too.

i've got several animal evaluation classes to go before i graduate, I can see I need to work on this. thanks for the comments.

Baldie Maker":36c5enqx said:
i've got several animal evaluation classes to go before i graduate, I can see I need to work on this. thanks for the comments.

Knersie walks a different path than the mainstream American Hereford breeders do - not that that's bad! I've learned a good bit from him since I've came to CT. But I do think this bull is a little "loose-framed" for most American registered breeder's taste as well.

George

I thought I was looking at a heifer... until I looked a bit lower!!

Not very masculine at all. I want a male to look MALE, whether 4-legged or 2-legged! :nod:

I don't know anything about Hereford genetics, but he looks a little feminine to me? Of course it could be that I'm old and need new glasses, but I'd prefer a litte more depth.

LazyARanch":3makkk26 said:
I thought I was looking at a heifer... until I looked a bit lower!!

Not very masculine at all. I want a male to look MALE, whether 4-legged or 2-legged! :nod:

You pretty much summed up what my thoughts were.
Maybe I'm just a bit 'old fashioned'.

Katherine

Baldie Maker":3oo0wj0o said:
Here's my evaluation class......will he make me money? "Yup".....okay, load him up! Some of my neighbors like to buy bulls that pass their classroom evaluations. They spend 3 to 4 times as much as I do on bulls. Their calves don't bring one penny more than mine do. They sure like to brag on those animals though! I just quietly smile and count my profits. To each his own, but those are usually the people that complain about not making money on their cattle business. No offense to anyone here, just my two cents and maybe a little different perspective. Anyway, again, he would put some nice calves on the ground for me, I'd use him.

If he's better than your cows, you'll get some improvement in the offspring. If not, you won't. You don't need Pliny the Elder to explain how that works.

You also have to remenber that not all talk is worth going by...He is a very nice Bull ...and on 99.99 % commerical herds he would bring something to them, especially Black Angus herds....

Latest posts