Alabama Wagon Train

Help Support CattleToday:

No sir , the closest it gets to me is its starting point in Centre Al . I'm in Jackson, then there's Dekalb , and Centre is in Cherokee county .

No ..I'm in Jackson co. to..kicks off during the Livestock show and rodeo in Montgomery..use to go every year ,back when I roped and the kids were home…

No ..I'm in Jackson co. to..kicks off during the Livestock show and rodeo in Montgomery..use to go every year ,back when I roped and the kids were home…
I haven't been in 40 years, but 2 grandkids and friends, one of my trailers, my black Percheron mule team, my blue roan TWH , and my SSH are! It ends next Thursday the 16th, and the rodeo starts the 17th. Right now the kids are planning on staying the weekend for the rodeo. If they do, I will go get my animals Thursday night, and take my grandaughter her barrel horse. I am betting they won't stay, though. They sounded pretty beat last night when I talked to them.
Things have changed a lot since it started. Today, everyone has LQ trailers or RV's pulling a trailer, that they move from campsite to campsite every day. They have a bus that picks you up at the next spot, and brings you back to your rig. When it first started, everyone put their sleeping bags and tents in their wagon, and spent 10 days doing it old school.

Things have changed a lot since it started. Today, everyone has LQ trailers or RV's pulling a trailer, that they move from campsite to campsite every day. They have a bus that picks you up at the next spot, and brings you back to your rig. When it first started, everyone put their sleeping bags and tents in their wagon, and spent 10 days doing it old school.
That's the way Salt Grass trail ride used to be too. I don't know how many they have for Houston now. One starts down at the Mexican border, another up on the La line. Maybe 15 different ones. The one from Shepard used to pass right by my old place but changed their route a few miles so they could camp at a Nat Forest hunter's camp a few miles West o me. Last time I saw them, lots of the wagons had car/truck tires. :(

https://gorvrentals.com/blog/houston-livestock-show-rodeo-trail-rides

Enjoy these days Warren....someday they'll just be memories.

That's the way Salt Grass trail ride used to be too. I don't know how many they have for Houston now. One starts down at the Mexican border, another up on the La line. Maybe 15 different ones. The one from Shepard used to pass right by my old place but changed their route a few miles so they could camp at a Nat Forest hunter's camp a few miles West o me. Last time I saw them, lots of the wagons had car/truck tires. :(

Wow. I never even knew about this one, and it is probably the biggest in the country.

That's pretty cool.

Latest posts