A short video-the stop

Help Support CattleToday:

spinandslide

Reaction score
Not a totally finished horse here folks, but my own 3 year old filly, first equine I've started from the ground up, by myself..with input and advice from my coach and my husband..I started her last summer under saddle and Im sorry to say, she hasnt had super consistent riding, but with the weather breaking recently, I've been on her more.

She is really getting the concept of whoa down..need some better footing to see what she'll really do, but I am pleased as punch with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogtxlE8nSbI

Pretty good, but she is heavy on the fore hand. I don't know how you work her, but try riding her from back to front to get her to lighten up in the front and getting her hindquarters under her. Her hind legs trail behind her. Once she starts reaching up under herself, it will be easier for her to sit down and stop.

I am happy too that the weather is finally getting nice enough to get stuff down. It's been way too hot.

I never ride her any other way then back to front..:)

She is making steady progress towards lightness..the softness is almost there..this pony works best with a "wait it out"..set the boundry and drive forward til she comes into your hand..you try to micromanage and bully her and you end up with flustered, pissed off equine...we've had moments of brillance and the moments are becoming more numerous...so I think we are making headway.

Her back in this video is not her best..she was bracey-er then I want..I felt the stop was pretty correct though..for her level and the footing...always room for improvement..but I am proud of the progress of this filly...I've had more then one person say she's going to make a big stopper...only time will tell, but very exciting none the less.

Latest posts