72 hours and no heat at all

Help Support CattleToday:

Highlandheath said:
If you get a chance I would appreciate hearing your protocol.

We do a 14 day cidr. Pull. No heat detection. Right before their next cycle (can't recall days and my brain is fried, we just did another 135 CIDRS today)... we will lute them, patch them and wait for heats.

We are more or less, syncing for their next cycle. We think it gives us a better heat and successful AI breeding.

I'd honestly get them to a vet and have them checked out. There isn't any good reason they haven't bred. Do you AI yourself? If so, does everything feel right?

I swear I just insist on making all the mistakes. Did I just find my problem? My teenager was drawing up meds for me while I was putting in CIDR's. I went and looked at the bottles. 10 doses in the vile we should have used 6, so the GnRH bottle should be less than half full. It is without a doubt more than half full. I would guess only 8ml gone for 6 cows. Also I was using 1in needles. Now I read they should be no less than 1.5 inch. So the GnRH was underdosed and not given properly. So now what? The PG looked to be correct.

Highlandheath said:
I swear I just insist on making all the mistakes. Did I just find my problem? My teenager was drawing up meds for me while I was putting in CIDR's. I went and looked at the bottles. 10 doses in the vile we should have used 6, so the GnRH bottle should be less than half full. It is without a doubt more than half full. I would guess only 8ml gone for 6 cows. Also I was using 1in needles. Now I read they should be no less than 1.5 inch. So the GnRH was underdosed and not given properly. So now what? The PG looked to be correct.

I'd call your vet and speak with him. Setting up cows with CIDRS is too costly to be making those kind of mistakes.

so soon after the cidr they should still be on the same schedule. theoretically I could just start a new follicular wave and go again

From our experience, heifers are extremely aggravating. We have since given up on AI'ing heifers since you never know when or if they will come into heat to be AI'd.

Latest posts