3/4 Interest and Full Possession??

Help Support CattleToday:

Wisteria Farms

Reaction score
Hi all...
Can you help me please...
I've done a search on the boards for this but its pulling up EVERY post with the word "Interest" in it....
I've also done a search online but its pulling up every Bull imaginable for sale.

I need to know what is meant by 3/4 Interest and Full Possession...
I understand Full Possession... you sell the animal and the buyer takes full possession.
But, what is the 2/3 or 3/4 Interest?? How does that work?
I am on the SELLING end of this so any explanation can help...
Thanks

Wisteria Farms":1xnx08ns said:
Hi all...
Can you help me please...
I've done a search on the boards for this but its pulling up EVERY post with the word "Interest" in it....
I've also done a search online but its pulling up every Bull imaginable for sale.

I need to know what is meant by 3/4 Interest and Full Possession...
I understand Full Possession... you sell the animal and the buyer takes full possession.
But, what is the 2/3 or 3/4 Interest?? How does that work?
I am on the SELLING end of this so any explanation can help...
Thanks

Since you are the seller I'm assuming that you intend to sell a 3/4 interest in a bull and the buyer gets to take physical possession of the animal. You retain a 1/4 interest in the animal and receive 1/4 of the proceeds from any semen sells. Never done it myself so probably someone on here that has and can explain in more detail.

TexasBred is correct, but it is also for you to retain an interest for in herd A.I. use
as well if you decide to breed to him.

mrvictordomino":3hgbmidl said:
TexasBred is correct, but it is also for you to retain an interest for in herd A.I. use
as well if you decide to breed to him.
:nod:

Both are correct... One of the big topics now is the right to clone.. If you talk to the breeder of Heat Wave he is furious that he was Cloned so much.. without him getting his interests in the clones.. I have seen the latest club calf "prospects" bulls now being sold with "No Clone Rights" and "Full Clone Rights" that is going to get technical i feel...

Call and talk with the breeder of Heat Wave ... Ask his opinion of the Clones and feelings toward it..

Latest posts