12V ATV Sprayer Trouble shooting ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Have an older sprayer where the pump runs continuously. No liquid leak on the output, but it is not up to historical pressure.
Thought the pump was sucking air... Changed the input O ring change but no change. Blew air back though the intake line but no change. Checked the hose clamps but no change.

Time to change pumps? What am I missing?

Intake seemed OK. Tried pumping out of a temporary tank at pump height and that worked. Went to the spare pile and plumbed in a different pump, and that would suck out of the tank and pump up to pressure. Seems like the old pump "worked" but was weak...

sstterry said:
Probably the inside diaphragm degraded or there was some leak around one of the seals. It happened to me about 2 years ago and I had to get another pump and put on my tank.

Some have replaceable diaphragms but i have had two that wouldn't build good working pressure and one was non replaceable diaphragms so i had to put on a new pump. The other time it was a rusty bearing inside the pump. I just loosened it, sprayed some lanolin and been working ever since.

Latest posts