Obamacare For Ages 65 and Over

Help Support CattleToday:

Just refuse to grow old. More BS. From the privileged. If your a congressman or senator you'll get the finest kind of health care.

Well,so far so good.. I got the scans I needed,the meds I needed and the transportation I needed. And I'm as poor as blow sand.
Not sure what's gonna happen about the kidney stone.

That's great Peg, sure hope you get all the help you need. I'm inspired every time I see a post from you. Good luck.

I may be looking at this wrong- but don't we need some motivation to get your life together and get off subsidized insurance? Young families and the self employed need some help with insurance costs to get going, but it shouldn't be their goal to stay there.

Howdyjabo":38cxzrlo said:
I may be looking at this wrong- but don't we need some motivation to get your life together and get off subsidized insurance? Young families and the self employed need some help with insurance costs to get going, but it shouldn't be their goal to stay there.

I think that was the original plan many years ago.....seems it was so successful nobody wanted to give it up. You'll probably see several thousand of them on the news tonight from Ferguson, Mo.

Howdyjabo, this isn't about Obamacare only, it is for Medicare as well. This is the new and improved way of looking at things for those over 65....through Obama's eyes. If they missed you after you were born, at Planned Parenthood, then they have a second shot at it once you retire become "unproductive" at the age of 65.
We don't pay as much into the system after we stop working.

I know I am hard core-- but reality tells me that someone has to pay for expensive procedures. No money(or charitable contribution)= no procedure.

Reality says there cannot be a free or under priced ride forever. Its a shame that they spent the last 50 years lieing to people that there would be .

I talked to a doctor who was concerned with the way things were heading. He said since they have such strict billing caps and are so slow to pay he would most likely not accept patients with Obamacare. If you read between the lines I think the government may be scared of this too which is why they are trying to lower the standards of what requires a doctor's services. It may just be me but if I have to go to the doctor I want to see a doctor and not a nurse, or a nurse practitioner or a physicians assistant. So if I'm seeing this correctly it looks like in the future there will those with excellent health care and those who have to go to Walmart or a pharmacy for their needs. I just hope to be able to have the same care as our public servants do. Now that would be nice.

Part of this has to do with the government being able to spend money where they want it. The other part is for the people that run to the white house with Population control. This is Warren Buffett's and Bill Gates mission. They have been working on this one for years. Reduce the population.
For those that paid attention to Obama's campaign, Warren Buffett was in and out of his office a lot. Obama stated that he was going to be his financial adviser. We know how to label that one.
Warren wanted to be assured that the Population Control of the "Eugenics" was going to be in place. Abortion and death panels.
With you saying that people don't need to be on a free ride, you must be a very young person. If not, shame on you.
When you reach 65, your insurance throws you to Medicare, which gets you off their back. The older people will need more care, and they are glad to exchange you for those that keep the money coming in.

You may purchase a supplemental policy for what Medicare doesn't pay. I hope you are not one of those that believes anyone living off of the government should not be allowed to vote. I have heard people go as far as saying, "I'm not signing up for Social Security because they compare it to charity. Rush Limbaugh has made this statement several times. I agree with a lot he has said, and there is a lot that I don't agree with.
Where are you going to get insurance?

Go in without Medicare, and see how long 50-60 years of saving hard and doing without will last you. God let people live on earth for hundreds of years. Obama gives 65.

We need population control in this country and the whole world. And it starts with birth control. Medicare and S'S is not welfare. We worked and paid for it and deserve it.

To give an example of what I'm referring to about the upcoming dual level health care system you only need to look to California. They are now offering a 3 year program for doctors. This is less time than it takes to become a veterinarian. Milkmaid, I mean no disrespect to you or any other vets but do we as a country think more of our pets and livestock than we do our citizens when it comes to their care?

Their argument is there are not enough doctors in this country to fill the need. I think the solution to this is quite simple. Stop giving preferential treatment to foreigners who use our colleges and open the slots to our citizens. We are the one's who paid for these universities so it only seems right that our citizens benefit from them. Lowering the standards is foolish.

Jogeephus":14pb7gpx said:
Stop giving preferential treatment to foreigners who use our colleges and open the slots to our citizens. We are the one's who paid for these universities so it only seems right that our citizens benefit from them. Lowering the standards is foolish.

Why are you not running for office? I need someone like you to cast a vote for.

backhoeboogie":83jfpe95 said:
Jogeephus":83jfpe95 said:
Stop giving preferential treatment to foreigners who use our colleges and open the slots to our citizens. We are the one's who paid for these universities so it only seems right that our citizens benefit from them. Lowering the standards is foolish.

Why are you not running for office? I need someone like you to cast a vote for.

:lol2: I'm afraid I have a bad character flaw. I just can't seem to tell people what they want to hear so at best I'd only get one vote. If I did have the power I would create a national health care insurance program where EVERYONE pays a flat tax on taxable income and there would be accountability. Anyone found rigging or playing the system would be tried for treason and promptly shot in an expeditious manner. This goes for the corporate types who rig and monopolize the drug costs to the sorry pos who refuses to work because he says he claims he is disabled. I am afraid where we are heading is a two tiered system where those with the means will receive much different health care than those without the means. I just don't think its fair for a small business person not to be able to afford health insurance when they pay so much in taxes and they stand to lose everything if they get sick. I also don't think its right to lower the standards in medicine just so we can say everyone has healthcare. WE are the people of the USA and I see no reason why WE cannot form a group insurance policy that will cover all. From what I have read and studied We could easily accomplish this with just a 3% tax on EVERYONE's income but the republicans want to protect their lobby groups purses and the democrats want something for nothing so in the end WE are all screwed.

Jogeephus said:
To give an example of what I'm referring to about the upcoming dual level health care system you only need to look to California. They are now offering a 3 year program for doctors. This is less time than it takes to become a veterinarian. Milkmaid, I mean no disrespect to you or any other vets but do we as a country think more of our pets and livestock than we do our citizens when it comes to their care/quote]

I've often said Vets are much better Dr's. then many of those who graduate from medical schools. They diagnose the problem without talking to the patient.

I could give example after example of Dr's. who don't know how to diagnose, treat the problem or treat the pationt.

Jogeephus":19jun1qo said:
I talked to a doctor who was concerned with the way things were heading. He said since they have such strict billing caps and are so slow to pay he would most likely not accept patients with Obamacare. If you read between the lines I think the government may be scared of this too which is why they are trying to lower the standards of what requires a doctor's services. It may just be me but if I have to go to the doctor I want to see a doctor and not a nurse, or a nurse practitioner or a physicians assistant. So if I'm seeing this correctly it looks like in the future there will those with excellent health care and those who have to go to Walmart or a pharmacy for their needs. I just hope to be able to have the same care as our public servants do. Now that would be nice.

I have to have an individual plan for myself. My current provider sent me a new plan (with a new price) to meet the requirements of the OCA. I also reviewed some plans on the Gov. website.
I found the same plan with the same price as the one my provider suggested. I quess what I'm saying is, I don't know how the Doctors would know the difference.
I agree with you on the single payer plan.

fitz

fitz":3s082v0d said:
Jogeephus":3s082v0d said:

I have to have an individual plan for myself. My current provider sent me a new plan (with a new price) to meet the requirements of the OCA. I also reviewed some plans on the Gov. website.
I found the same plan with the same price as the one my provider suggested. I quess what I'm saying is, I don't know how the Doctors would know the difference.
I agree with you on the single payer plan.

fitz

I think what he was telling me is that he could not afford to subsidize any more his work like he does on Medicare. In the case of a private insurance if the insurance does not pay the full amount the patient is charged the difference but under this pay schedule he would have to eat it all and he could not charge the difference to the patient so when you've built your practice up where you have all the patients you need why would you take more patients you'll lose money on. This, I think, is what he was talking about and if this continues then we will have a two tiered system of health care. Three actually. One for the government, one for the people who can pay and one for those who cannot pay and its no puzzle where the best doctors will be.

Jogeephus":1xd4ajah said:
I think what he was telling me is that he could not afford to subsidize any more his work like he does on Medicare. In the case of a private insurance if the insurance does not pay the full amount the patient is charged the difference but under this pay schedule he would have to eat it all and he could not charge the difference to the patient so when you've built your practice up where you have all the patients you need why would you take more patients you'll lose money on. This, I think, is what he was talking about and if this continues then we will have a two tiered system of health care. Three actually. One for the government, one for the people who can pay and one for those who cannot pay and its no puzzle where the best doctors will be.

I nominate Kevorkian for the government medic.

I have a lot of respect for Dr. Kevorkian and if I ever get really sick I just hope there is someone as compassionate as him around to put me out of my misery.

Off the subject but this is too funny. A friend of mine works for Bill Gates. Gates has been buying a bunch of farms around and bringing them up to the Microsoft standards. Anyhow, they brought in a psychiatrist from California to interview all the employees and the psychiatrist asked my friend if he had ever contemplated suicide. He said yes. I think about it most every day. Psychiatrist asked why. He said just with all the things that go wrong every day at work just brings you down. You know, the heat, the rain, the lack of rain, the cows getting out just all the many things it just sometimes become unbearable. Psychiatrist asked him how he intended to do it if he did. He said I'd fill up a five gallon bucket full of water and stick my head in it. Psychiatrist said she had never heard of anyone killing themselves like that and asked why he chose that method. He told her, well if I changed my mind I could always pull my head out of the water. She told him to get the hell out of her office and get back to work.

Latest posts