Chemotherapy

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
I know this is not a medical forum but thought perhaps someone may just be able to help.

A friend of mine started Chemo last week and apart from the anti nausea treatment she recieves from the hospital is there perhaps something else (home remedies) she can take for the terrible side effects. She is drinking ginger and parsley tea which she was told could help. Is there anything else?

Thanks in advance.

alisonb":hfqnnhmu said:
I know this is not a medical forum but thought perhaps someone may just be able to help.

A friend of mine started Chemo last week and apart from the anti nausea treatment she recieves from the hospital is there perhaps something else (home remedies) she can take for the terrible side effects. She is drinking ginger and parsley tea which she was told could help. Is there anything else?

Thanks in advance.
Smoke marijuana

Ditto that. It will also stimulate appetite cause chemo will sometimes make people not feel like eating.

dun":37lz8vvs said:
alisonb":37lz8vvs said:

Thanks in advance.
Smoke marijuana

I was gonna say that. Even if you really never considered doing that, I have heard it can really help, and I believe strongly that the medical application of marijuana is worth a try for situations such as these. I'd never overlook something, anything, to make those terrible side effects less terrible.

Thanks for the input, I just have a slight problem - my friend is 74yrs old and has never smoked in her life so I don't think I will be able to convince her to start now. But perhaps she likes muffins :D .

alisonb":b6imhonc said:
Thanks for the input, I just have a slight problem - my friend is 74yrs old and has never smoked in her life so I don't think I will be able to convince her to start now. But perhaps she likes muffins :D .
Brownies are the traditional method (other then smoking)
I wonder if a couple of cups of hot tea might work even better

Tea with a little honey might be good. This way she can sip a little along and along to determine the proper dosage she needs. Too much might make her... get her too stoned. Finding the proper dosage will be the key since some is more potent than others. I'd weigh it too before making tea so you will know. This is what my sister did and she said it was very helpful but they have come a long way in chemo since she was treated.

Alison
I have talked to a friend who works in a MM Dispersary and she tells me that your friend needs if possible to use Cannabis Indica rather than cannabis sativa. The indica is more of a body effect. The sativa is more of a head effect. Also from what I hear from one of my customers who is trying to market a line of Cannabis infused pasta one of the best ways to extract the thc is in an oil infusion, i guess it doesn't extract well in water but at this point my ignorance takes over. I bet there is a ton of info on line about the subject though.

alisonb":38t2gz0x said:
We have a friend who has MS........he gets a " pill" with thc to stimulate his appetite. That's all I know about it.

alisonb":38cm3ghb said:

Okay, I know someone who makes butter with it. I don't know how, but he says it'll do the trick when you spread it on some toast or a cracker. You might try to search for something like that.

Well, I've done quite a bit of reading and have made some interesting discoveries. Marijuana must be one of the most diverse 'herbs' available - tea, butter (yes Lammie), jam, oil (massage or salad dressing), muffins, brownies, the list goes on and on.
I came across two interesting articles for anybody who wishes to read about matter any further -
Marinol vs Marijuana -http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26524
Sativa vs Indica -http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26524

Thanks again, lots of info for my friend to peruse.

I had a brother in law who died of AIDS back in the day, and he was one of the early people to be approved for MM. He said it was all stems and seeds, so he bought his own from whoever... He also didn't think a lot of marinol.

I have heard from another BIL, different marriage, who has been approved in Colorado, that it's gotten better. And he'd know... :oops:

my cousin ate some brownies with mary jo in em he didnt know about it, and had never even tried it,,he went crazy as a sht house rat, there for a little while every thing from a heart attack to a nervous breakdown, might want to stick with the medical strength :cowboy:

Aside from all the suggestions your friend needs to give thanks that it is not near as bad as what it was 20 years ago.
I have a daughter that will tell you that today the perception is worse than the reality.
She made it through with no major problem. 20 years ago I listentened to friends beg for death.

ALACOWMAN":2ityb66l said:
my cousin ate some brownies with mary jo in em he didnt know about it, and had never even tried it,,he went crazy as a sht house rat, there for a little while every thing from a heart attack to a nervous breakdown, might want to stick with the medical strength :cowboy:

Hate to tell ya buddy but the "Medical" is stronger than heck these days. I have heard that eating it can give you one he[[ of a trip.

novatech":38sw8au9 said:
Aside from all the suggestions your friend needs to give thanks that it is not near as bad as what it was 20 years ago.
I have a daughter that will tell you that today the perception is worse than the reality.
She made it through with no major problem. 20 years ago I listentened to friends beg for death.

Seriously??? From smokin plain ole weed? I knew some folks who had some pretty rough trips from smoking weed laced with PCP and other stuff but I honestly don't think straight MJ can do that to a person.

3waycross":wcihkzok said:
novatech":wcihkzok said:

Seriously??? From smokin plain ole weed? I knew some folks who had some pretty rough trips from smoking weed laced with PCP and other stuff but I honestly don't think straight MJ can do that to a person.
Depends on the person. Some won;t get even a bit high and others will be floating over the moon. Or so I was told...................

dun":akvgk0hm said:
3waycross":akvgk0hm said:
novatech":akvgk0hm said:

Depends on the person. Some won;t get even a bit high and others will be floating over the moon. Or so I was told...................

I think novatech was talking about the chemo causing people to beg for death, not the pot.

Yes, they have come a long way. Its sad to say that the foundation of modern day medicine is built on a pile of corpses. My sister is one of them. Her treatment was aweful but that was 20+ years ago and I've heard they have made some fantastic breakthroughs.

Latest posts