Fall Bull Calves.

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
They are about a month into weaning. They are the only ones in this approximately 20 acre pasture. The grass has come in since this recent storm. This area gets a lot of traffic, other areas on the farm has a lot more grass.

The Lock N Load 1143Y calf is starting to show some muscle. He is the guy on the right with white face.

Stocker Steve said:
Really green... Do you get a big grass surplus in the spring?

Yes, we do. We went from wondering when spring would arrive to worrying about grass tetany. It is always a game of extremes.

Bright Raven said:
They are about a month into weaning. They are the only ones in this approximately 20 acre pasture. The grass has come in since this recent storm. This area gets a lot of traffic, other areas on the farm has a lot more grass.

The Lock N Load 1143Y calf is starting to show some muscle. He is the guy on the right with white face.

They look really nice, especially when you consider how bad winter was here in Kentucky.

I'm not making a penny by saying this, but I would get this out to them ASAP with the grass that's coming on. Not to mention the flies which will be most likely be horrible this year. The Rabon and a Vet Gun should keep the flies at bay.

[image]276[/image]

Bright Raven said:
Stocker Steve said:

Yes, we do. We went from wondering when spring would arrive to worrying about grass tetany. It is always a game of extremes.

Does not look like easy country for haying. Do you clip pastures or ?

Stocker Steve said:
Bright Raven said:
Stocker Steve said:

I am a pasture mowing maniac. I buy my hay. I am a firm follower of the concept that mowing is the best path to healthy pastures.

Bright Raven said:
Stocker Steve said:
Bright Raven said:

I am a pasture mowing maniac. I buy my hay. I am a firm follower of the concept that mowing is the best path to healthy pastures.

+1

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Bright Raven said:
Stocker Steve said:

+1
Can't believe that I am agreeing with you 2 but yes mowing is great. Just look at your yard.

TN Cattle Man said:
Ron, what's the birth date on that Lock N Load 1143Y calf? Just curious as to what age you wean.

He was born 8/29/2018. 88 pounds. 280 days gestation. They have been weaned almost 4 weeks now.

They look good Ron, lots of calf where it needs to be and not too far off the ground.

Latest posts