Pregnant Wedding

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm going to argue society hasn't changed much. There's always been drunks, thieves, adultery, abortions (using known herbs), etc. Heck prostitution isn't called the oldest profession because it was created recently. Rather now those people have a public forum to vocalize their stupidity​.

In high school and my early 20s I had a lot of fun and I am just glad I never got a girl pregnant. Telling my parents I got a girl pregnant was not a conversation I ever cared to have.

wacocowboy":rmhlge4n said:
In high school and my early 20s I had a lot of fun and I am just glad I never got a girl pregnant. Telling my parents I got a girl pregnant was not a conversation I ever cared to have.

roger that....

Bestoutwest":13n4l6d4 said:
I'm going to argue society hasn't changed much. There's always been drunks, thieves, adultery, abortions (using known herbs), etc. Heck prostitution isn't called the oldest profession because it was created recently. Rather now those people have a public forum to vocalize their stupidity​.

I agree with this. I've had this conversation before that people didn't just start doing all this stuff a few years ago; however, I do see a change in the people who are doing it. Someone mentioned "20 years ago," which would have been 1997, but when I was a kid in the 70s and 80s, there were drunks and people having kids out of wedlock, but it seemed to be the "roughneck" crowd that everyone knew didn't give a crap about anything anyway.

I also remember a group of people who tried to always set a good example and do what they thought was right, and if one of them slipped up, they recognized it as a slip up; they didn't throw a party and act like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. That's the change that I am seeing, and I think that was what the OP was basically getting at; nobody is embarrassed about anything anymore, not even the upstanding crowd.

I heard a guy mention a few weeks ago that a preacher can't preach on sin anymore like they once did; if they do, they offend 80% of the congregation.

I haven't read all three pages but I simply say getting knocked up happens, has happened for generations and will continue to happen. I know a guy who started dating a 18 yr old girl, he was 25, she got pregnant within the first few months of dating. They decided to go the marriage route and she was showing a little. Long story short, they just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary last February and the kid the young bride was carrying down the isle was my older sister...... it happens, even 60 years ago.

wacocowboy":1pfc2vdc said:

That you know of. My (seventy-something) dad thought so too, until he got a call last year out of the blue. :shock:

boondocks":jqm0b9ex said:
wacocowboy":jqm0b9ex said:

That you know of. My (seventy-something) dad thought so too, until he got a call last year out of the blue. :shock:

That is very true. There very well may be some bright minded great looking people out there with my genes.

wacocowboy":2m8j18ch said:
boondocks":2m8j18ch said:
wacocowboy":2m8j18ch said:

That is very true. There very well may be some bright minded great looking people out there with my genes.
If they come knockin' I hope you handle it more graciously than he did

boondocks":3qgfecz3 said:
wacocowboy":3qgfecz3 said:
boondocks":3qgfecz3 said:

If they come knockin' I hope you handle it more graciously than he did

To be honest I don't know how I would take it. I would be freaked out. I also think I would be sad all the time lost not getting to know them and do stuff with them.

wacocowboy":1pk97qmt said:
To be honest I don't know how I would take it. I would be freaked out. I also think I would be sad all the time lost not getting to know them and do stuff with them.
After 40 or 50 years you hardly think about it anymore.

dun":5yp5ticm said:
wacocowboy":5yp5ticm said:

Don't think about what?

hell.. a damn neighbor can't even help you out and most of the time they don't even know you.

thats a problem.

hey man no reason why they shouldn't celebrate and be proud of their union..kid or no kid..would it help if it was a second marriage and they both already had kids..

good for them if they can swing it..go for it..celebrate what should be ome of the happiest days of their life..

bunch o crabby old farts on here..im as old school as anyone but hey man...be happy theyre getting married

dieselbeef":1achr9mw said:
hey man no reason why they shouldn't celebrate and be proud of their union..kid or no kid..would it help if it was a second marriage and they both already had kids..

good for them if they can swing it..go for it..celebrate what should be ome of the happiest days of their life..

bunch o crabby old farts on here..im as old school as anyone but hey man...be happy theyre getting married
Go back and read original post. Noone is unhappy they are getting married. Just amazed that she still thinks she's the virgin Mary instead of an unwed mother.

dun":2r3g99ti said:
wacocowboy":2r3g99ti said:

I can attest to that. But it does cross my mind on occasions and I say a little prayer.

TexasBred":1k1tst1i said:
dieselbeef":1k1tst1i said:

Go back and read original post. Noone is unhappy they are getting married. Just amazed that she still thinks she's the virgin Mary instead of an unwed mother.

oopsie..cuz she was in white..meh..traditional..values aint what they used to be anymore

Traditionally girls didn;t wear jeans either, or work outside the home, so what's the point

I have enjoyed reading the comments. A few of you seem to think the way I do but I also enjoy reading different perspectives. All I was trying to say in case I wasn't clear is. I am glad they chose to get married, I wish them all the best and I hope it works out for them. I just don't understand why you wouldn't be more discreet about the whole thing. Look I don't know what they are thinking and frankly it is their own business. It just doesn't set right with me that they want to plaster it out there for all to see like nothing is wrong. Perhaps they see nothing wrong with it, one side of the family has been down this road before so that might explain a few things. It is none of my business I just found it insulting they want to ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

red angus 2010":c0bxzcyh said:
I have enjoyed reading the comments. A few of you seem to think the way I do but I also enjoy reading different perspectives. All I was trying to say in case I wasn't clear is. I am glad they chose to get married, I wish them all the best and I hope it works out for them. I just don't understand why you wouldn't be more discreet about the whole thing. Look I don't know what they are thinking and frankly it is their own business. It just doesn't set right with me that they want to plaster it out there for all to see like nothing is
wrong. Perhaps they see nothing wrong with it, one side of the family has been down this road before so that might explain a few things. It is none of my business I just found it
insulting they want to ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

I too would be glad they got married, and Like you, I don't know why they weren't more discreet about it. Everything is celebrated these days.

I believe things like this have always been, but people at one time would have embarrassed about it and; therefore, would have been more discreet. These days, nobody is embarrassed about anything. I sometimes think people do this celebrating in part to rub it in to those who believe differently.

Let's say just for the sake of argument that there is an individual who is 60, for example, and he's managed to lead a life free of anything that even resembles anything naughty; he's never drank, gotten anyone pregnant before marriage, etc. People will actually find some way to look down their nose at him before they would the ones in this wedding, especially if he gives the slightest indication that he's proud of the life he has led.