Yep... Another One.. HD Rider/Dogs & Cows check this out

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I just got this email notification.. I may try to go and check it out.

http://www.ebharris.com/auction_detail.php?id=235594

COMPLETE DISPERSAL

(2) Complete dispersals - cow/calf pairs, bred cows & heifers, Angus, Angus X, Senepol, Reds, bred to Angus & Senepol bulls, (4) Reg. Angus bulls, (3) Hereford bulls,

CATTLE AUCTION

Cow/Calf Pairs, Bred Cows & Heifers, Herd Sires

SATURDAY 27th September 2014 – 10:00 AM

OXFORD, NC @ Granville County Livestock Arena

Directions: From I-85, take Exit 204, go south on Hwy. 96 for 1.1 mile, turn left on Fairport Rd., go 2.4 miles, right on Cannady Mill Rd., sale ¼ mile on left @ Granville County Livestock Arena. Also from jct. of Hwy. 96 & 56 @ Wilton, take Hwy. 96 north 2 miles, turn right on Cannady Mill Rd., arena approx. 6 miles on right. Watch for cattle auction arrows leading way to sale.

Sale Site Address: 4200 Cannady Mill Road – Oxford, NC 27565

GPS Users – if you use Google it will get you to the arena.

Packer Farms - Whitakers, NC -

119 Head Complete Dispersal - All due to start calving 2nd week of October. - 95% Blacks

(31) bred heifers - Angus, Angus X & few Reds, all home raised, average 1150#, medium to medium large frame, bred to Angus & Senepol bulls

(21) 2nd calvers - Angus, Angus Senepol X, BWF, (3) Reds - 1 is reg. Senepol, (1) Red Baldie, all home raised, bred to Angus & Senepol bull.

(6) 3rd calvers - Angus & Angus X, all home raised, bred to Angus bull

(61) Cows - Angus, Angus X, (2) Senepol X, (1) Braham Angus X, bred to Angus bulls, medium to large frame, 1250#+, the bulk of these cows are middle to young,1 group of these cattle go back to the Caledonian Prison bloodline.

(3) Registerd Angus bulls - DOB: 2010, purchased from Partners Sale, registration #165834573, 16834589, 16834580, 16948652 (3 of these will sell, will have to check tattoo when they come down the chute).

Jerry is moving to a complete stocker background operation. All of these cattle have been on a regular vaccination program & internal & external parasite control, weaned a good marketable calf each year, this is a set of cattle that have performed without pampering & produced a good calf each year with the bare essentials. You will like the body condition & the size of these cows, they are solid & real calf makers.

Ted Moore - Hurdle Mills, NC - Complete dispersal

(32) Cows consist of (2) 1st calf heifers, (3) 2nd calvers, (4) 3rd calvers, & the rest of them will be young to middle aged cows, 95% of herd are Blacks, with a few Red Angus, (2) Angus Gelbvieh X,& (4) Simmental Angus X, 8 of these will sell with young calves at side 300# & down, some will sell as 3--n-1's. these cows average 1250#. This is a herd with a lot of years left in them to produce calves. In April a registered Angus bull from Mountain Creek Farm - Bahama, was put in with this group of cattle- should put these cattle calving 1st of January. This bull also sells - DOB: 10/12 - BW .5, YW 104, represents over 3 generations of AI breeding, should be ready for some heavy service. American Angus Reg. # 17637095

(8) Open heifers, approx. 1 year old. (5) Angus, (1) Smokey, (2) Angus Gelbveih X, weigh approx. 850#, they are all sired by a performance tested Angus bull.

All of these cattle are gentle & have had a lot of human interaction. They've been on a regular vaccination program & internal & external parasite control. Ted was in the dairy business for several decades, he elected to get out of the dairy & traded a set of bred Holstein heifers for these above listed cattle to a farmer from Gettysburg, PA. Dr. Sam Galphin has recently leased the dairy facility so therefore for space reasons Ted has decided to have a complete dispersal of his commercial cow herd. You'll like the cows.

Other Cattle - Bulls: (8) Purebred commercial Angus long yearling bulls - dams areChinqua Penn Plantationbloodline, (3) Hereford bulls, approx. 1 ½ yrs. old - Bill Kirkman breeding - Greensboro, NC

DONKEYS: Large grey jenny, approx. 5 yrs. of age, been exposed to Mammoth jack, 5 ½ month old black donkey gelding, both of these raised w/cattle, miniature mule - stands about as high as your waist line.

All Cattle Will be Screened for Reproductive Soundness By Vet. All cattle 18 months of age & older will be EID. All cattle will be on regular vaccination program & parasite control or brought up to date week of sale.

Bring stock trailers sale day. Would like to load cattle out sale day. Trucking available if needed.

Sale order available sale day or check the web late Friday afternoon for posting. If -U- would like to buy some cattle & can't make the sale, call E.B. or Shane prior to sale day if possible but the main thing is just call.

I see why your going.

DONKEYS: Large grey jenny, approx. 5 yrs. of age, been exposed to Mammoth jack, 5 ½ month old black donkey gelding, both of these raised w/cattle, miniature mule - stands about as high as your waist line.

M5farm":1io5wq9r said:
I see why your going.

:lol2: How did you know?

M5farm":1en3676q said:
I see why your going.

Uncalled for M5farm.

My brother and I would never offend the Nagi Tanka (Great Spirit). Pejula Wacasalaw (medicine man) sayeth," Injun may only fornicate with animal that haveth cloven foot and chew cud." Donkey is out. Sheep and cow is good.

A lot of people are thinking of going to a back grounding operation. Some one will have to have a cow calf operation to supply the cattle for the back grounding. When someone disperses a lot of the grown cattle will go to slaughter because a slaughter cow will bring more than a bred cow.

Dogs and Cows":2gztwhpu said:
I will probably go check it out Sky...It is right down the road from me. Let me know if you decide to come.

Tim

I want to go I will let you know. How far is it from warrenton ?

Latest posts