Wow...Thanks! Input your Cattle's Extraordinary Awareness Here

Help Support CattleToday:

I will never bring my cattle truck around before I have them in the yards. I go around with the feed truck first. It is worth it to save the hassle. The older bulls won't be too bad, they'll be lined up waiting to go on, it only takes a couple of trips for them to know that there are girls at the end of the trip. They are going to be very disappointed when one day they end up at the other Knock Shop for processing.

Ken
Same here, our cattle know the routine and if they see a trailer or something that's out of the ordinary they get wise and won't cooperate. The older bulls here are like yours too they readily go on the trailer. One of them got his surprise trip to the stockyards a couple months ago.

My cows intuitively know when I have importent plans that don't involve them. And since they seem to love my undivided attention so much, they invent new ways to keep me from leaving them and attending to those important things.

Smart Cows. Very Smart! I guess everyone has seen the videos of cows turning on the water spigot either with their mouth or horns.

It makes us all smile! Meanwhile, we've been training our Texas Longhorns to ride, drive and perform tricks for some 20 yrs now. And I can testify, cows are wayyyy smarter than horses!

Ours are a bit strange..... I see fence down sometimes. Prints out side the wire, yet they are all together inside. 2 days ago the boys were testing each other, as they grew up together. When they snapped the step in post, they stopped butting heads and looked at me like kids for 15 seconds. I shook my finger at them and they went to another part to continue going at it.
I have a year old, since birth he will find a way to get out. Doesn't go anywhere really, just the next pasture. Now, when he sees me coming he goes back inside to show me where he came through.

Ours are a bit strange..... I see fence down sometimes. Prints out side the wire, yet they are all together inside. 2 days ago the boys were testing each other, as they grew up together. When they snapped the step in post, they stopped butting heads and looked at me like kids for 15 seconds. I shook my finger at them and they went to another part to continue going at it.
I have a year old, since birth he will find a way to get out. Doesn't go anywhere really, just the next pasture. Now, when he sees me coming he goes back inside to show me where he came through.
I thought you were talking about your kids at first.

Ken

Latest posts