Simcro Auto Syringe

Help Support CattleToday:

Jessica06

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on the Simcro sekurus self-tenting auto syringe gun?

I've never seen it before. Looked it up online....
I found 2 sizes on 2 different sites 2 ml priced at $66.95 and $99.95 and 12 ml size price $84.95 and $99.95
12 ml adjusts in 1/2 cc increments, so I see no need for the 2 ml size myself.
Seems spendy...but convenient, if performs as described medium size and larger producers should love it.
manufacturer website link did not open for me.

looks like it would be a pretty good syringe but i too think that it would be a little expensive unless your running a lot of cattle

We give Ivomec plus 2X a year, with a 12 ml drawoff. I thought it might be nifty to use for that..tired of cows jumping and trying to keep my hands from getting pinched. The bottle mount would be handy for vaccine, although I prefer my repeater over the bottle mount i already have. Decisions, decisions!

Tossed a couple that had arrived here over the years as a bonus for purchasing dewormer or something, just last week. Never used 'em, have no intention of using 'em, couldn't tell you how they work. Still in the plastic; I KNOW I didn't order 'em.

IMO, they might be ok if all you fool with are stocker calves, but if you've got a cow-calf herd and you're just going down the alley poking every cow or heifer with the same needle 'til it gets too dull to drive through the skin... well, if you have BLV or anaplasmosis in your herd, you're very likely spreading those agents very rapidly through the herd.

Latest posts