Overboots for cowboy boots

Help Support CattleToday:

CowboyRam

Reaction score
I have been looking for some overboots for my cowboy boots. There are none to be found. I have looked online, and no luck. I even called Lou Taubert's in Casper and was told by the guy there that he has been looking some all over. I have my current pair all worn out, and I really don't want to buy a pair of muck boots to irrigate with. I keep my overboots on the ATV and put them on when needed.

Try Brian's Boot and Shoes in Sheridan. It's an old timey store that is my favorite.
307-674-6326. I just called him and he has one pair of size 8. He says he doesn't know
what everyone is going to do.

Do you want the ones for pointed toe boots or round toed boots?

Try Brian's Boot and Shoes in Sheridan. It's an old timey store that is my favorite.
307-674-6326. I just called him and he has one pair of size 8. He says he doesn't know
what everyone is going to do.

Do you want the ones for pointed toe boots or round toed boots?
I need a size 10 with a pointed toe.

I checked with Shipton's Big R, Murdock's and Sheplers just for fun. I found out they aren't being made any more. Not enough demand.

I start out every morning in hip boots. Change to cowboy boots after I am done with the irrigation. Of course with flood irrigation a person would be way over the top of a set of 5 buckles at the first set. But don't ask me I haven't even seen a set of the over shoes in a couple of years.

I start out every morning in hip boots. Change to cowboy boots after I am done with the irrigation. Of course with flood irrigation a person would be way over the top of a set of 5 buckles at the first set. But don't ask me I haven't even seen a set of the over shoes in a couple of years.
I'm usually not in that deep of water; we irrigate with gated pipe.

Not sure what the point of overboots for boots is anyway….Keep those exotics out of the crap. That's what bullhide is for. 😎
They are for when you are standing in water. We realize that standing in water is something which you never get to experience being in a constant state of drought. However those of us with irrigation get to spend time standing in water every day. Very often for long enough period of time that the water will soak all the way through the boots resulting in wet feet. Also leather boots which get soaking wet on a daily basis just won't last very long.

I think I am going to have to start wearing the square toe boots just so I can find a pair of over boots that fit. I don't like the looks of them, they look like ducks feet. Dad calls them "Quacker's".

Not at all what you're looking for, but, I started using the overboots made for working in concrete instead of the ones available at most farm stores. They will definitely hold up longer. I usually leave a pair of shoes in mine and just switch from my everyday shoes to my rubbers as needed. I got mine from Home Depot I think

How about some Tingley Rubbers?

However those of us with irrigation get to spend time standing in water every day.
Look up rice paddy boots on AliExpress or Lazada. A billion Chinese can't be wrong.
(you can go ahead & order one of them so very fashionable pointy top straw sombreros from the same place)

Latest posts