Looking For Hay

Help Support CattleToday:

They guy I'm getting it from is going as far as MS to get it. The price reflects the freight cost too. But that's the market this year. Spring is almost here.

Anyone needing hay bad I might can help. I know where there is 500 rolls of fertilized 4x5 net wrapped put up early in the boot stage. Stored in the barn. He has around 1500 extra but I think he might sell 500 for $50 each. Can load on a tractor trailer. PM me if anyone is in a bind and wants it. It cannot be bought any cheaper so please don't ask.

Anyone needing hay bad I might can help. I know where there is 500 rolls of fertilized 4x5 net wrapped put up early in the boot stage. Stored in the barn. He has around 1500 extra but I think he might sell 500 for $50 each. Can load on a tractor trailer. PM me if anyone is in a bind and wants it. It cannot be bought any cheaper so please don't ask.
What is freight 4 bucks a loaded mile?

And you bought yours early for $35 didn't you?

I have stretched mine as much as I can and now think I can get to April 1.

About the Bangs- all US states livestock are now declared Bangs free by the USDA. Some buffalo in Yellowstone might still have it, 1000 miles away from here. States have their own laws. Every dairy heifer in Oregon must be Bang's vaccinated before a year old even if she lives her whole life on a farm.

I called the Oregon state vet and she was shocked at what vets are charging. I asked What if I dont have her vaccinated? Will she be seized and destroyed? Will I de arrested and fined? She said NO and we both laughed. If I ever carried my heifer out of state I could just take Daphne's ear tag off and but it on Honeydew. How's that for resourceful?
Wow that's Crazy... We just got a heifer Bangs, Dehorned, Lepto, and wormed for $43... We did haul her in 25 minutes away.

It IS ridiculous to pay $220 if you haul them there. People in other states are paying for Bangs vax in the $20's range. I'm just going to not have her vaccinated. If I ever wanted to haul her across state lines, which isn't likely, I'll get her blood tested then vax.

Good heavy bales of expensive native grass hay is available in SW Oregon. Good thing I'm only feeding two cows. The pasture grass is short and washy, like trying to live on iceburg lettuce.

Latest posts