JD 6410 vs. 5093E FEL Tractors ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Any recommendations on these two models for haying and 5x6 bale handling? Any reliability tips?
I know the 6410 is an older German built unit with a little more power...

The big one I think of right off is powershift on the 6410. The 64xx imho are some the best loader and right size using tractors ever. The perfect size tractor on a cattle and haying operation

I know the 6410's are known to blow the little drive line between the clutch and the transmission, taking out all sorts of expensive things in the process. I'd sooner have a 6 cylinder, but that's my own personal opinion. I would sooner have the larger frame and capacity that the 6410 gives you over the 5093

I've had a 6310 for eight years or so with no serious problems or complaints. I also have a neighbor that bought a 6410 because I liked my 6310.......He bought a $12k transmission shortly after his purchase. Take it for what you will.

Silver":3hdjj6xw said:
I know the 6410's are known to blow the little drive line between the clutch and the transmission, taking out all sorts of expensive things in the process.

Are these seem to be random failures or use related?

Stocker Steve":vkfpo5j5 said:
Silver":vkfpo5j5 said:
I know the 6410's are known to blow the little drive line between the clutch and the transmission, taking out all sorts of expensive things in the process.

Are these seem to be random failures or use related?

Don't know, I just know of a couple of folks that it happened to doing nothing out of the ordinary, and when it gets brought up seems like the stories start surfacing about folks people know that it happened to. Seems like there was a thread on it on Ranchers at one time.

Latest posts