Fun in East Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

Wow we are on our 3rd day of pouring rain but not that much or hail. Hope all is well with your property

We had quarter size hail 2 times 2 days ago. We were tucking in the animals and were stuck in the greenhouse for about 15 min just before dark. No damage for us.
Hope all is as it was before the storm for you CB.

Some of the craziest weather I have ever seen.

I spoke with my sisters in Cleveland and Conroe last night...they didn't get all that. Neither did we, tho it was a little stormy yesterday.

I heard city of Houston is having some kind of water problems too???

I was flash blinded with simultaneous explosion and the sound of glass shattering, along with an earthquake (house shaking, pictures and light fixtures hitting the floor).
That was about 2:15am Tuesday morning .
I think it came in through the wood stove pipe and jumped over to the gas cook stove. I felt a pressure change and smelled ozone. The cook stove was still glowing like it was on fire, but no evidence of flames.

Half the circuit breakers were tripped but the main was still "on". Tried to flip it off but it wouldn't budge. Ran outside to shut it off at the meter, then shut the gas off. All this with compromised vision.

We just got power back on last night, but several appliances are toast, and the weird thing; our well water is very cloudy with some sediment.

I spoke with my sisters in Cleveland and Conroe last night...they didn't get all that. Neither did we, tho it was a little stormy yesterday.

I heard city of Houston is having some kind of water problems too???
Say What? ? ? Yet won't stop pouring asphalt and concrete....

Got an inch here. Slept through it.

I'm curious why a lightning strike would cause well water to become cloudy with sediment. I initially thought mineral deposits in the 24yo copper plumbing got disturbed, but even the water coming straight out of the well has a rusty appearance. Well pump is working fine.
I've left a garden hose on to clear it up.

Got right at 12" here National Guard pouring in on the Hwys at one point today US 190 and US 69 shut down due to flooding.
Ridge cap on the roof leaked creeks blew out and of course barbed wire acts as a dam . County and surrounding counties have been declared disaster areas.
This video I am fixing to upload is at the top of the ridge in my pasture.
Won't let me upload the video
Here is a picture.
IMG_3256.jpeg
IMG_3259.jpeg
Water is coming out like a spring up by the post left of the tree.

I previously said we didn't get any of that, but 40 minutes away to the East, Temple got 8" in a very short period of time.

I only had 2 hills on my old place, but I have witnessed that ground weeping thing before and once, the top 8-12" of soil whole hillside just heaved downward in a big yucky mess.

Latest posts