BROWN JYJ REDEMPTION Y1334

Help Support CattleToday:

Lbass

Reaction score
I've added him to my list of bulls I need to look into. He's been available through several semen suppliers for a while now, should be proven. Any reports on how his cows are doing? Looking for moderate, easy keeping, good feet and legs, going to fall short of year round grazing this year, but that's the direction I'm moving and looking for the type of cow perform.

If I hadn't buried my cereal rye in the mud trying to plant it on my rental day (poor emergence,). I'ld probably feed 30 days this year, instead I'm looking at 45-50 I hope.

He takes a nice picture. Used him a little and was disappointed. Calves were moderate and average. Asked the Genex semen rep - - and he said that he takes a nice picture. I think you can do better.

First of all I would like to wish all CT members a healthy, peaceful and prosperous year.
Ranchers like me from EU countries do not have access to semen from top Angus and RA bulls. The only option we have to obtain such top genetics is by buying embryos. So we have to do a lot of research before deciding and ordering. In that respect I am very interested on how Redemption's daughters are performing, especially on 9+ months on pasture only.
If you look at semen sites, ABS offer 2 RA bulls (out of 23), ST Genetics have 2 (out of 13) and Select Sires have 1. I presume his popularity is due to being a heifer maker. His WW was 555 lb, so not a terminal bull.
Thanks in advance to all CT members who have had daughters by him and share their experience.

Stocker Steve said:
Used him a little and was disappointed. Calves were moderate and average looking, not super deep nor thick. Asked the Genex semen rep - - and he said that he takes a nice picture. I think you can do better. That said, his daughters seem to be lasting. Ribeye isn't everything.