Bloat

Help Support CattleToday:

Burty2594

Reaction score
Ok I've got a bloat problem no deaths was in mainly large cows but in all cattle put into the same pasture no clover in pasture tested no parasites loss of appetite not dehydrated barely any feed normal consuming wind and rain multi purpose mineral along with sulfur block and trace mineral block put corid by durvet to treat coccidiosis that helped a couple but not all and all are drinking plenty of water grown cows and a yearling bull hit hardest no weight loss on any gained if anything but yet extreme diarrhea and yearling bull was bloated bad enough I give oral bloat guard just to not chance losing him on account of him being a papered angus bull I have had them tested for johnes disease by auburn negative test vet has no clue since that came back negative I was told clover in hay could be the problem but my hay isn't molded smells fresh and never wet ?

If you get a bloated critter, get it in and give probiotic. Bloat is an upset in the rumen so you need to take care of the rumen. One year, in our country that doesn't see much bloat, several ranchers had cattle that bloated. We asked our Vigortone vet about it and he said to give probiotic. Everyone that did, did not lose anything to bloat. Those that didn't lost cattle. We never knew the how or way. It was very strange.

Good luck to you!

Latest posts