Show your calf pictures.

Help Support CattleToday:

This is my favorite thread here.

This heifer is about 12 hours old. Her mother is the daughter of my cow Ariel. This first time mother was not very good at hiding labor Lol. She would run to her momma who already had her calf and would have none of it, poor girl. She finally just laid down and calved without issue and from that minute, has been a perfect new mother.

More to go but finally, Ariels spoiled heifer has someone to play with. Only heifer to calve this year, whew, glad that's over with.

callmefence":1s5psy3c said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1s5psy3c said:
callmefence":1s5psy3c said:
First calf hiefer

Nice calf, nice cow, good looking fence, but what's up with the gate?

Always glad to answer questions tt.
A gate is a door if you will to get from one pasture to the other. Porta in Spanish

Makes perfect sense when you put it that way.

Big bucks, nice pair!

Here's what I think is looking like my best heifer this year.. she's VERY headstrong and bossy, so I'm getting a head start on halter breaking her. She is part of my linebreeding experiment, her maternal grandmother is her paternal great grandmother, and has the same grandsire on both sides.. by far the meatiest calf of they year

I have a full sibling mating that looks really good (but has a little much chrome), and a mother-son mating that is growing like a weed, one of the younger calves at a month old now and is as big at the 8 week old ones...
Then I have a pair of steers, I call them "Big blond" and "Little blond".. only about 1/4 related, but absolutely similar.. and both are pests!

Here are photos of some of our Murray Grey calves.
704- AI sired heifer pictured at 39 days
704_Heifer_39_days_.jpg

707- Bull calf sired by our herd bull, Tony. He had a 78 lb birth weight and is pictured here at 7 weeks
707_Bull_7_weeks_.jpg

709- AI sired bull calf pictured at 6 weeks. He had an 82 lb birth weight and is one of our growthiest calves.
709_Bull_6_weeks_1_.jpg

714- A Tony sired heifer pictured at 24 days
714_Heifer_24_days_.jpg

717- Another bull calf out of our herd bull, pictured here at 27 days. He is 75% Murray Grey x 25% Angus. His dam is currently 7 1/2 years old and has raised a replacement quality calf every year since she was a first calf heifer.
717_Bull_27_days_.jpg

Both AI sired calves are out of an older Murray Grey bull named Balmoral Elation from the 1970s and 1980s.