Kubota 8560 DPF

Help Support CattleToday:

ChrisB

Reaction score
This spring I bought a new Kubota M8560 with the new DPF exhaust system. I was mainly using it for loader work and feeding and the 1st DPF regeneration was at 12 hours and the 2nd was at 23 hours. The last couple weeks it has been used for planting corn and mowing hay and it is now at 50 hours and still haven't had the 3rd regeneration. I know it will regen less when constantly running at higher rpm's but I can't find what would the typical frequency would be. The tractor runs fine but I'm wondering how many hours between regenerations would be cause for concern. Anyone have one of these new engines?

I don't know Chris. I am happy with the old three tier engines on mine. Sounds like yours is an Auto Regen. Do you push the button every time you start it?

fitz

I have a Deere 5100m with the dpf and it will go 100+ hours at times between re-gens. If you run good clean fuel and work it so motor stays hot they are supposed to do pretty well. I am curios to see how long til "dealer service" is needed. Got about 600 hrs on mine no problems so far.

I have a M126GX. I haven't paid that much attention to how long the intervals are between regen. I just push the button and let the Kubota do its thing.

Most of the time the regen has started up while baling hay, and I just kept going. Don't notice anything different except the light on the dash illuminated.

One time the regen started while I was moving hay. Found out idling down interupted the process, but it resumed when I throttled up again.

IMO, your DPF experience is within "normal" range.

ive heard 2 or 3 differant things on changing the teir 4 filters.but thats kubota vs jd.i think jd says to change that filter at 1800hrs at a cost of $1800 plus or minus.the kubota is 3000hrs if my memory is right and $3000 to change plus or minus.thats why i hurried and bought a new 7040 insted of the new 7060 teir 4 tractor.the 7060 was $8000 higher than the 7040.

My dealer told me 3000 hours. And the price is $300-400 according to him. But I guess we will see.

I was just at the dealer in Kahoka, MO and the owner said 3000 hours and $1,500 at today's availability, but he said given time, he expects the cost to ease based on his experience. He also told me forget about trying to find a new xx40 series tractor. they are long gone.

I have the JD 5085E, I'm looking for a delete kit, may not be out yet but as soon as someone puts a DPF delete kit on the market I'm buying one. Deleted my 2012 F-250 and made a world of difference in normal engine temps and a little better average fuel mileage. You have to purchase the programmer to delete it, and the power is unreal, a little too much I think, I keep mine on the lowest setting (40hp)

spg":1u6oygak said:
I have the JD 5085E, I'm looking for a delete kit, may not be out yet but as soon as someone puts a DPF delete kit on the market I'm buying one. Deleted my 2012 F-250 and made a world of difference in normal engine temps and a little better average fuel mileage. You have to purchase the programmer to delete it, and the power is unreal, a little too much I think, I keep mine on the lowest setting (40hp)
It is hard to believe there will ever be a delete kit as the fines and penalties would not be good for the company making them and the people using them.

Update - I was using it to move bales last night and after 6 hours in did run a regen. It ended up being something like 32-34 hours. So I think it definitely depends on the type of work being done and how hard it works.

sounds like the re gen period is based on 2 things.1 the rpms you run the tractor.2 the hours you put on the tractor.if you run at a low rpm that means more hours before it regens.and if you run at high rpms less time before regen.