How much 2,4,D?

Help Support CattleToday:

kenojoe

Reaction score
I use a 25 gal Fimco sprayer on my 4 wheeler to spray some smaller places. I have tried to figure how much 2,4,D Amine to mix per gallon. The instructions don't say, the folks where I buy it aren't sure and every neighbor I ask has a way different answer from the next. I just want to run my 7' sprayer over some small fields and knock down the dandelions and other broadleaf weeds. I am also unsure of how much ADEPT surfectant to mix per gallon. All the instructions for this stuff tells me about gallons per acre ounces or pints per acre and so forth. Thanks for any help.

Read the label carefully, it's all in there. You can take the values for a hand-pumped sprayer and extrapolate that for your 24 gallon Simco (I have one, too). If the plants are young, 2-4 inches, 1 oz. per gallon. If they're starting to get bigger, like 5-10 inches, go to 2 oz per gallon. Same thing with the Adept. It says very clearly on the label: .5 to 4 pints per 100 gallons. 16 oz in a pint. So that's 8 to 64 oz per 100 gallons. 2 to 16 oz. in 25 gallons. Just throw about 8 oz. in there and you'll be OK.

You need to calm down and READ THE LABELS. Those labels are extremely important.

You need to know how many gpm's your nozzles are spraying and how fast you are going to drive to be totally accurate. That being said I would think 1-2 ounces gallon would be ok.

Sizmic

Keno, I have about the same set up. Fill the tank with just water measure and then spray 1 acre running a fairly constant speed. Look to see how much water was applied. Then you will know how many ounces to add per gallon to achieve desired application rate. It doesn't take much 2 4 d to get a good kill on broad leafs.

Use 1 quart to 20 gallons. Put a hefty squirt of dishwashing liquid in there as well. I use this little formula all the time with great results. It may be a little much, but I would rather use a little more chemical and get a good kill than not enough and have to re-spray everything.

Use 1 quart to 20 gallons. Put a hefty squirt of dishwashing liquid in there as well. I use this little formula all the time with great results. It may be a little much, but I would rather use a little more chemical and get a good kill than not enough and have to re-spray everything.

All conversions you can make with this online converter http://convertwizard.com/

label will tell you max. amount of 2,4-D per acre.Then you will need to know how many gallon per acre of water you are applying.Add the 2,4d to that much water times how man acres your sprayer will cover.At 1 qt per acre and 20 gals. water per acre a 40 gallon sprayer should need two qts.Don't know if these are the right amounts-Please read the label.If yours has lost or faded most labels can be found online.Hope this helps

callmefence":1fsr6efh said:
JMJ Farms":1fsr6efh said:
I'm pretty sure he's done mixed and sprayed it by now. This thread was March 2012 :bang:

:lol: :lol: :lol: hopefully he ran a quart at 5 mph.

Yep. He could've at least posted back so we would know Fence. Some people :lol:

TennesseeTuxedo":2r5c276k said:
Did somebody say dishwashing liquid?

I believe that the dishwashing soap acts like a surfactant. I know a lot of people that use this for that purpose.

CCRanch":26x6fsqx said:
...It may be a little much, but I would rather use a little more chemical and get a good kill than not enough and have to re-spray everything.

Sir, forgive me for sounding like an environmentalist (which I am) but for the good of the environment of future generations, we need to follow label instructions to the letter and not be adding a little for good measure. :tiphat:

garyws":2f2h5xup said:
CCRanch":2f2h5xup said:
...It may be a little much, but I would rather use a little more chemical and get a good kill than not enough and have to re-spray everything.

Sir, forgive me for sounding like an environmentalist (which I am) but for the good of the environment of future generations, we need to follow label instructions to the letter and not be adding a little for good measure. :tiphat:

I think you might should read the label. He didn't list his equipment or speed But
He should be well under max. Rates.
And I agree . it's better to spray once with a adequate amount.

garyws":1a5uxhl7 said:
CCRanch":1a5uxhl7 said:

What do you do if you don't get a kill??

TexasBred":3bsdtia6 said:
garyws":3bsdtia6 said:
CCRanch":3bsdtia6 said:

What do you do if you don't get a kill??

Just keep spraying it 2 or 3 more times and end the end you put out less first time mixing a little stronger , but let's keep the &%$#+&%+(-&%$#&$$ treehugging &$#@#$&%##%& environmentalist happy. They are a bunch of you know what's!!!!!!