Uncanny

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
How did they know, unbelievable!

Monday, March 12, 2012
Elephant Whisperer
elephants.jpg

Elephants say goodbye to the whisperer. For 12 hours the huge beasts slowly made their way through the Zululand bush until they reached the house of the man they loved – to say good-bye. That, according to the son of conservationist and adventurer Lawrence Anthony, who passed away while on a business trip to Johannesburg last Friday, was the profoundly moving sight at Thula Thula Private Reserve this week. Dubbed 'the elephant whisperer' for his unique ability to calm traumatised elephants and herds, Anthony became a legend when it came to light that he had rescued animals from the Baghdad Zoo during the Iraqi invasion. There are two elephant herds at Thula Thula. According to his son Dylan, both herds arrived at the house after Anthony's death. "They had not visited the house for a year-and-a-half and it must have taken them about 12 hours to make the journey," said Dylan. The first herd arrived on Sunday and the second herd, a day later. 'They all hung around for about two days before making their way back into the bush," said Dylan
IOL News

Elephants are amazingly smart. My uncle was on a safari in the African bush and happened upon a baby elephant with a chunk of wood stuck in its foot. Since it couldn't walk very good it had apparently been left to die by the rest of the herd. My uncle took the splinter out and treated it with antibiotics and notified wildlife officials. And they took the little elephant to a wildlife park. 20 years later he's back in Africa on vacation in the same region and is visiting a wildlife park and notices an old elephant watching him intently and making a strange noise. He wondered if it was the same elephant after all these years and stood in awe as the elephant approached him. The elephant stood right before him and just stared for a long time. Then it grabbed him with it's trunk and smashed him into the ground. Turns out it wasn't the same elephant. 8)

ChrisB":2o7r3xmk said:
Elephants are amazingly smart. My uncle was on a safari in the African bush and happened upon a baby elephant with a chunk of wood stuck in its foot. Since it couldn't walk very good it had apparently been left to die by the rest of the herd. My uncle took the splinter out and treated it with antibiotics and notified wildlife officials. And they took the little elephant to a wildlife park. 20 years later he's back in Africa on vacation in the same region and is visiting a wildlife park and notices an old elephant watching him intently and making a strange noise. He wondered if it was the same elephant after all these years and stood in awe as the elephant approached him. The elephant stood right before him and just stared for a long time. Then it grabbed him with it's trunk and smashed him into the ground. Turns out it wasn't the same elephant. 8)

Another keyboard bites the dust.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ChrisB, I always thought that was a lion story... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Elephants are wonderful creatures, so sensitive for such a large animal, I rode one when we were in Sri Lanka, it was a bit frightening as you were so far up, a fall would have certainly left a few broken bones. Then we fed the babies, and watched the hurd go down to the river and bathe, they were fun to watch.

Latest posts