Stranger in a strange land

Help Support CattleToday:

Geez, what a whiner. If you want to be a vegetarian and in the minority of all eaters, even on the oh-so-glamorous and superior east and west coasts, you should learn how to frickin' cook. Maybe I need to send him/her an email and let 'em in on the secret of the Golden Corral, with whole buffet stations of assorted vegetables and pasta??

Seriously. Golden Corral? Saw a young kid puke on a table there once. All they did was wipe it off. No bleach disinfectant or anything.
First and last time I ever went there

hooknline":3by7knvm said:
Seriously. Golden Corral? Saw a young kid puke on a table there once. All they did was wipe it off. No bleach disinfectant or anything.
:lol2: One time I saw the cook at a Waffle House drop a steak on the floor and then throw it directly on the grill.

Wife was a waitress at waffle house( awful house) after we first got married. Swing shift.
You couldnt pay me to eat there. Between the hours and all the truck driver hittin on her in horrible disrespectful ways she wasnt there very long

ga.prime":2rurpebi said:
hooknline":2rurpebi said:
:lol2: One time I saw the cook at a Waffle House drop a steak on the floor and then throw it directly on the grill.
Most of that sizzling you hear isn't from the steak either. It's the sweat falling off his forehead onto the grill. :nod:

Had a guy come look at a truck I had for sale a few years ago. He was the dirtiest, fowlest smelling individual I have ever encountered. He stunk so bad I almost threw up on his shoes. After gaining my composure I asked him what he did for a living. He told me he was a cook at Bobs Diner. Bobs diner was my favorite place to eat. :shock: I ain't never been back in there but I still catch a faint whiff of his azz when I drive by the joint.

yall go to questioning your food handling and we will all starve to death.....
alternative is to have a guvment inspector at every food handling facility....
think that might be better????

pdfangus":1mx9l1r4 said:
yall go to questioning your food handling and we will all starve to death.....
alternative is to have a guvment inspector at every food handling facility....
think that might be better????

Nope. I just started cooking more. And better.

I don't like to eat out. My parents eat out a lot. Me, I look at the cook and most times thought, eeeeew. I like to know who handled and how they handled my food. My wife is top notch. She likes to eat out every now and again so I do to keep her happy.

ya just have to remember that most resaurant jobs are minimum wage jobs and workers rely on tips.

most food processing has real good quality control and those are higher paying jobs.

i used to sell cleaners and sanitizers for dairies and food plants. Most breweries are the cleanest places on earth. their goal is customer satisfaction.

actually most food processors do a real nice job of quality control....but stuff happens....then the media loves to blow it up.....lots of food recalls are totally unnecessary....people just have to learn to cook their food.

That pic of the patrons lining up for brisket is a classic, each patron is obese and has almost an animal quality about them, if they were salivating I would not be surprised. Each for their own though, I don't believe in anything 'excessive' be it eating, drinking, smoking, veganing,whatever. Can well imagine it must be rather frustrating looking for a meal(not necessarily vegan) that is not dripping with fat though.

When MacDonald's first opened here there was a worker's strike action going on and management caught workers on camera peeing in the milk and spitting on the patties - can't tell you what their food tastes like to this day :shock: !

I've worked as a cook in three restaurants and for the most part I'd say the food was top notch and plenty safe. I would suggest if you are hard to please and you like to send snide complaints back to the kitchen then you might want to forego eating out or at least bite your tongue. I never did anything like that but I can't say I never witnessed certain forms of retalliation. I enjoyed my job and at one restaurant the owner allowed me to go off the menu and cook some of my own creations and this was a hit with regulars and increased his Sunday business by 50%. The patrons loved it as they saw they were truly being served and I liked it cause the tips found their way back to the kitchen.

I like the line about "not being insufferable" while implying throughout the entire article that non vegans are lower life forms that have just not achieved higher consciousness.

And as for the photo setting the tone for the article, it ain't the brisket giving the girth.

john250":3cts85sq said:
So, this Sulzberger kid is scion of the NY Times owners. Evidently, he did something that got him shipped off to Kansas City. That has to be punishment--right?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/11/dinin ... emc=tha210

POOR BABY IS SO NARCISISTIC THAT NON CONFORMANCE TO HIS OR HER PREFERRED RELIGION (VEGAN) IS THE ONLY DIFFERENCE THEY SEE BETWEEN THE MID WEST AND NEW YORK CITY.
EDUCATED FOOL.....

Jogeephus":3vqbqtv2 said:
I'd bet my last dollar the fella has a pair of pink bedroom slippers. Fuzzy ones too. :nod:

And I'll bet the servers in KC are still talking about him on slow days.

He's young and barring tragedy he'll be running the NYTimes someday. His years in KC will be used to imply he has some knowledge of the "flyover states". LOL

john250":3q3wxapq said:
Jogeephus":3q3wxapq said:
I'd bet my last dollar the fella has a pair of pink bedroom slippers. Fuzzy ones too. :nod:

And I'll bet the servers in KC are still talking about him on slow days.

He's young and barring tragedy he'll be running the NYTimes someday. His years in KC will be used to imply he has some knowledge of the "flyover states". LOL

the grey lady will be history in short order, the loser will likely starve in KC, good!

Latest posts