Welger Baler Help

Help Support CattleToday:

Sport

Reaction score
I have a Welger r15s round baler. Has developed a problem holding the bale. When your building a bale and it starts to get full the latch opens and the bale falls out the back. I've tried adjusting the latch on the back without sucess. It rolls as beautifull bales as when it was new, if I could only keep the back door shut! Anybody else had this problem? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Your tractor hydraulics are leaking. Reverse the way you hook up the hoses. Instead of leaking open it should leak closed.

I have a posting on here about my Hesston doing the same thing, Would this work on my issue too???? I'm hoping cuz its driving me batty

Homesteader, it probably would. I guess it could depend on other things too. As long as it isn't electronicaly actuated I think it has to be the tractor. I've got a JD tractor that does that on one set of hydraulic lines. It will open the gate on a JD410 round baler if the hay is thin and it takes a long time to get a bale made. Swaping quick coupler ports solved that problem.

It will raise the haybine also if it isn't in the float mode.

Thanks, I'm still kinda new to all this stuff and this is my first season actually doing this myself cuz I just can't afford to buy hay at the prices people want for it where I am. I have 6 horses to feed and aquired the accessibility of 5 miles of road ditches to hay (both sides) to get them through the winters lol. Not the best feed in the world but it works. Using a versatile 400 for swathing the hay. Got lucky and found 2 of those for 500 bucks so we have one for parts. I just can't believe how much things cost for parts such as canvases and belts and such, you'd think the **** was made out of gold or something.

thanks again for the tip on the hydraulic lines, getting ready to head out and start baling again today, will let ya know if that works. ( and yeah its a hydraulic ran rear end on the baler)

My baler only has 2 hoses, one for the reel, and one for the back gate. since it doesn't have pressure in the line except when the gate is up, could that really be the problem? I will sure try it and see, cause it's driving me crazy! Thanks JD

#1sport":1z9j5gkv said:
My baler only has 2 hoses, one for the reel, and one for the back gate. since it doesn't have pressure in the line except when the gate is up, could that really be the problem? I will sure try it and see, cause it's driving me crazy! Thanks JD

I think that is just it, it isn't supposed to have have pressure. If the tractor hydaulic control valve to this remote is leaking by it is pressurizing the system. Then it just depends on how much pressure it takes to unlatch the gate.

Just try switching the way you hook up. Try running the gate on the set of remotes you now run the reel on and see what happens. Maybe it is something else but this is one place to start looking.

Ok Vette, Your the man! Had some new couplings lying around, put them on and seems to have fixed it. Also swapped hoses like you said and bingo, perfect bale again! Now i just gotta re adjust the latches I screwed around with trying to fix the stuff that wasn't broke! Thanks JD

Glad you got yours fixed, I'm heading to town tomorrow to look for new springs for mine, my Hydraulics are ok, just my springs aren't keeping the latches closed anymore LOL. Got a junkyard full of tractors and such 70 miles away so gonna hit that first and see if his springs are any better.

Again, Glad ya got it fixed. Lots of Knowledgeable people on here.

Latest posts