The Cattle Show

Help Support CattleToday:

GDG

Reaction score
How many of ya'll watch The Cattle Show? What do you like or not like about the show?

I watch it from time to time, but it's way too much advertising and not enough information for me to set aside time to watch it unless I stumble across it.

I've learned allot from watching The Cattle Show over the years. Not sure about the other posts because one of the things that I like best is there are NO commercials during the show.

jkwilson":24b8ssfj said:
I watch it from time to time, but it's way too much advertising and not enough information for me to set aside time to watch it unless I stumble across it.
I have determined over the years that almost any source of cattle appraisal methods enable one to gain knowledge - IF - one is actively seeking to learn the intrinsic details of beef cattle production. There are more ways to increase your knowledge than to just "stumble" across some intriguing bit of information which might be of value to you. Beef Husbandry is a difficult and fascinating study. ...and the operative word in this discussion is - STUDY! Every opportunity to take advantage of any bit of knowledge is a gift, and you probably won't just stumble over it in your haste to hit the "change channel" button on your remote control.

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":vapph6ll said:
jkwilson":vapph6ll said:
I have determined over the years that almost any source of cattle appraisal methods enable one to gain knowledge - IF - one is actively seeking to learn the intrinsic details of beef cattle production. There are more ways to increase your knowledge than to just "stumble" across some intriguing bit of information which might be of value to you. Beef Husbandry is a difficult and fascinating study. ...and the operative word in this discussion is - STUDY! Every opportunity to take advantage of any bit of knowledge is a gift, and you probably won't just stumble over it in your haste to hit the "change channel" button on your remote control.

DOC HARRIS
thats the truth..... ive learned there may be a mound of BS covering a diamond :cowboy:

Flatrock":2e1rrqpj said:
I've learned allot from watching The Cattle Show over the years. Not sure about the other posts because one of the things that I like best is there are NO commercials during the show.

you must be sleeping while watching or you are watching a different show

Flatrock":1ehjfaoh said:

90% of every show is a commercial. It's sponsored by either a feed company, a seedstock producer or some other ag corporation, and the whole show is dedicated to their product or their business.

The Cattle Show's recent episode, "Getting Cows Bred" was packed full of information that helped me. Sure, it was a seed stock producer, he talked about mistakes that I too was making. It was interesting to hear about options that he chose that worked better. The fact that this guy does this for a living, not just a weekend wannabe rancher tells me that he probably knows what he's talking about. His livelihood depends on it! This entices me to listen up. ... and as far as the Go Bob show, for me, this was a great opportunity to see equipment and how it worked without the expense of going to a trade show. My vote is keep it coming Cattle Show, especially the variety, specific breeds, equipment, safety issues and YES especially the industry experts that know a heck of allot more than I do. I'm not intimated by a trained / educated / person telling me how to do something better. As far as them talking about a specific company's products.. great!! They are super educated people, that know the why's and how's and I enjoy hearing it. During the last 3 months I haven't seen any reruns and I've been watching for years---"eyes wide open" wearing my Cattle Show branded gloves from their last give away!

I seldom watch any type of TV but did see one or two episodes of the cattle show that were very informative. One was on the best time to calve. They made a good case for having a planned tight calving period 60 days ahead of peak grass. This is supposed to be most economical. I have been trying it and it does seem to work. I don't mind some ads - they have to pay for the show somehow - as long as there is honest content not slanted toward the ads. Jmho. Jim

Hmm.....thats on RFD TV I believe? Trouble I have with RFD is the schedule. Every time I check the channel some horse show (which I could give a rat's butt about) or a polka band is on.

EAT BEEF":deqkg898 said:
I like the polka show
well look at you admittin' it and every thing... feel better getting that off your chest,, thats a little tidbit that would go to my grave with me..... by the way hows polka joe doing :cowboy:

The Cattle Show is on In Country Television, Tuesday nights at 7:30 and 10:30pm. DISH channel 230. You won't find any horse shows on Tuesday night just Ag Women, Ag Lifestyles and The Cattle Show. The Cattle Show changed networks around the 1st of the year.
BIG JOE POlka filed a law suit against the owner of rfd. Sounds like the owner guy hadn't paid Big Joe and owes him lot'sa money. I sometimes go to www.24-7AGTV.com, it's an internet site that has The Cattle Shows listed, especially if I need information about a certain cattle topic. I wrote the producer and asked about creep feeding and they did a whole show on the topic, best looking red Angus cattle I ever saw on that show. When I called them about the cattle the guy told me that he sold the entire herd to a viewer that saw the show and made him an offer he couldn't refuse, seriously!

Latest posts