Quick Cinch or EZ Cinch

Help Support CattleToday:

A6gal

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with either of these products? I saw a commercial and it looks great. I'm just over 5 foot tall and it's not always easy to cinch up tight. However, I've learned just because it looks easier doesn't always mean it's easier. Just looking for some opinions before buying one.

I spent $200 on a light-weight synthetic saddle a few years ago because I thought It'd be easier. Although the saddle is okay, I later found I'm more comfortable with a heavier, leather saddle. Should off saved the $$.

I don't think much of neoprene cinches but this was the first one I found with the buckle I was looking for. I think this might make it easier for you to cinch a saddle then with regular cinches and save carrying one of those tools around.Z

I put an E-Z on the GF's saddle. I don't like it. It doesn't want to stay level when I tighten it. The cinch strap wants to slide off to the left as you face it. I just use the old cotton rope ones myself.

Yep, that is pretty much like the one I put on. Two rollers on the buckle. Just can't seem to keep the cinch strap straight on the top roller.

I think it's good in theory but doesn't work. The strap just won't roll straight and winds up off to one side.

A6gal, try standing on a step or something to get yourself higher and get a little more leverage.

My wife is also vertically challenged :D , she has tried a bunch of different gadgets, but has alway gone back to regular leather cinch. She now does as Mike stated, finds a step, stump, or hillside to give her more height.

Oh yea, or me to do it for her.

Good luck,
Alan

Thanks for all the input. I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. Being "verically challenged" as Alan put it, I usually stand my horse at the bottom of a sloped area to cinch her up and get on.

Keep your eyes open and maybeyou'll find a couple of cement steps somewhere. They'd make chinching up and mounting easier on you and your pony.

"Keep your eyes open and maybe you'll find a couple of cement steps somewhere. They'd make chinching up and mounting easier on you and your pony." totally agreed

Mike Franklin said:
I think it's good in theory but doesn't work. The strap just won't roll straight and winds up off to one side.

A6gal, try standing on a step or something to get yourself higher and get a little more leverage.

I had that issue, too, so I loop it around the top roller, up and around the D ring, then the bottom roller, up and around the D ring, and it stays even. I never saw the commercial, so I don't know if that's right, but it works. I was worried about getting it too tight, but I cinch up, walk her out, give another tug, and then check for four fingers. Seems to be fine.

I ended up with one of the roller cinches and rig it just like little Cow says and haven't had any problems. I don't think I would buy another one though. Just don't see the point in them, I'm not really into gadgets though. I can see were they might help a shorter person or someone that can't pull a regular cinch for whatever reason.