New Holland Draft Control

Help Support CattleToday:

Soggy Bottom

Reaction score
Had another thread going about plows and settings and I think I got that nailed down. Question now is about draft control. I read the manual and I seems pretty clear but I'm still not doing something right when operating the tractor. With a plow the manual says use position lift and draft control. In my mind that is the position lever set to the depth and the draft lever pulled back up some to allow the plow to rise when in a tough spot. Is this right? When setting this do you pull both levers up, set your position lever for you depth than set your draft slightly above? I tried this and when setting the position the plow stayed raised and wouldn't lower until I dropped the draft lever. Is this correct? It seems when the draft lever is raised up any the tractor responds to the draft lever and not the position lever. Thanks for the help.

I assume you have two levers.The way i do it is to use the position lever as a stop set and raise and lower with the draft lever.Or,you could take a piece of tape, like waterproof bandage tape,mark it every half inch or so,and use that as a reference leaving the position lever all the way down.
Someone else may have a better idea.

I think this is how I will have to do it. Guess I'm still alittle confused on what the position lever is doing if you lower the implement using the draft lever. In my mind the position lever should lower the implement and the draft lever should set the allowable draft up. Obviously I'm wrong in my thinking.

Draft has the same idea on every tractor that has it.

I have it on 2 of mine....and I do some ground work here and there...but TBH I just use the position control and adjust as I go.....

If I had a lot of ground work to do with a plough or ripper....then I would set the draft to help control depth over uneven ground....I am not sure even how reliable this is on older 60s and 80s era tractors....and the systems will vary...but mine have a sensing valve on rear of hitch.....

Actually have used it when using a box blade to try and limit depth of cut...but was in such a small area I reverted to manual position control...

Draft control is used to hold a steady depth plowing. Set it where you want it and use position control to move it up and down at the end of row etc. It works the same on all tractors that have it.

Latest posts