3rd generation getting OJT

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We're headed back from the Florida Cattlemen's Quarterly, got rear ended on I-10 but that is a whole other story. Jacob called and told us he had just loaded out a group of cows we had sold and he and the twins were checking bred heifers. Well the girls had to call to tell me one was blowing a bubble. We got off the phone where he could take the girls to the house for supper, he said I will call you and let you know what she has. About an hour later he called and said no progress I'm going to get her up...about 45 minutes later I get the call from Jacob he was cracking up. He said he got the chain on one foot but every time he went for the second foot the chain would fall off the first one. His wife is at a wedding shower so his help is two 7 year old twins. Sydney ran behind the building covering her eyes (and she said saying a prayer, which is so Sydney) Ella stayed with daddy he handed her the chain and said all you have to do is keep a little pressure on the chain, he showed her what he needed. He said the whole time he was working she was saying Daddy I'm not trained for this! He told her this was OJT! :lol: :lol: :) got to love starting them young!

Gizmom

:lol: Good little helpers. That's what it's all about. Sounds like they are making lots of good memories and learning a lot. I wouldn't trade my time on the farm with my 4 year old son for anything.

My kids hate ojt. Probably started them out on the wrong foot with a sharp shooter shovel. They love the new to us tractor. Good job on the ojt, lots of great memories there in the making.

Latest posts