Cost per foot of fence

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
I used my Application on my phone and arrived at 1,837 linear feet of fence.

Luke or Andy. What is the per foot cost you guys charge for woven wire fence? Treated Wooden, driven posts, 7 feet long. 12 foot span between posts. 4 slight changes of direction. Otherwise, straight pull. One strand barb on top.

kenny thomas":2hnrcxsv said:
Ok, then only 4' above the ground. Thats my point. 8' posts are needed if driving 3'. But as others said, i switched to metal.
I meant 2 foot. So 5 feet above.

kenny thomas":39y3ftr2 said:
Ok, but without electricity is 2' deep enough without rocks to hold them in?

It has been. The brace and corner posts are 8 foot. I have been considering asking for 7 1/2 foot line posts.

I'm not saying your doing anything wrong. Just bringing up ideas of things I gave seen. My lot is 8' post with 10' holding the gates. Each post in concrete. Extra heavy bull panels that were $52 each as the wire with a hd barbwire strand on top. Yes it may be overkill but nothing ever gets out.

kenny thomas":8pui2y2h said:
I'm not saying your doing anything wrong. Just bringing up ideas of things I gave seen. My lot is 8' post with 10' holding the gates. Each post in concrete. Extra heavy bull panels that were $52 each as the wire with a hd barbwire strand on top. Yes it may be overkill but nothing ever gets out.

This is just interior fence. It will not get much pressure.

True Grit Farms":3tsp0s4t said:
Sure can't keep up with the high rollers around this place.

Vince, I get half the cost paid through CAIP. I am not a high roller. I am just a freeloader.

Latest posts