Bball - more calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
I have a hot wire that calves can get under to get out from under mom's feet. These pictures show a congregation in the shop area where I throw down some hay and put out the feed troughs for the calves. Where that red gate is in the background, there is a false hotwire (not electrified). I can close the gate when the calves are all in. Then I can herd them into the halter area for haltering, vaccination, and drenching for worms and coccidiosis.
17u05e.jpg

2dkz9t1.jpg

11uykw7.jpg

nzlthc.jpg

99qdyh.jpg

15z1ohl.jpg

:tiphat: Now those are some nice calves!!! Also gave me some ideas for the future on facilities!

callmefence":7g6ant0x said:
Nice bunch..the one does have a dwarfed appearance about it . Be interesting to see how it turns out.

Andy,

I said it in the other thread on this calf. He has a unique look. I would not be surprised to learn he has one of the dwarf genes.

He makes me laugh. I get so much enjoyment out of his character. He walks around the group like he is already the herd bull. He is funnier than shyt.

You should be very proud of that group. Let me know how far in advance I have to speak up to get my hands on some of those Simm ladies for my FIL :lol:
Seriously Ron. Beautiful group and I can't wait to see their progression...especially Gimli (the dwarf looking fella with potential)..yes, I'm calling him Gimli for now.

bball":1x4rwzlw said:
You should be very proud of that group. Let me know how far in advance I have to speak up to get my hands on some of those Simm ladies for my FIL :lol:
Seriously Ron. Beautiful group and I can't wait to see their progression...especially Gimli (the dwarf looking fella with potential)..yes, I'm calling him Gimli for now.

I like that. Gimli. :lol:

Look how he presents himself. I may keep him as my mascot.

Bright Raven":22qegcw4 said:
callmefence":22qegcw4 said:
Nice bunch..the one does have a dwarfed appearance about it . Be interesting to see how it turns out.

Andy,

I said it in the other thread on this calf. He has a unique look. I would not be surprised to learn he has one of the dwarf genes.

He makes me laugh. I get so much enjoyment out of his character. He walks around the group like he is already the herd bull. He is funnier than shyt.

I knew a dwarfed braford bull once. He was tigerstriped and had big turned down Hereford horns. He belonged to a rodeo stock contractor in Johnson county. They couldn't keep the little bull even in the same pasture more less the same pen as the others. He'd whip every body and everything. He was the bull they turned out with the clowns. (No he wasn't mescun) they finally had to get rid of him cause he kept hurting people. His anger for being tiny, plus the fact his small size made him corner faster than a big bull..or a bullfighter . They just couldn't handle him.

callmefence":quad3j28 said:
Bright Raven":quad3j28 said:
callmefence":quad3j28 said:

Andy,

I knew a dwarfed braford bull once. He was tigerstriped and had big turned down Hereford horns. He belonged to a rodeo stock contractor in Johnson county. They couldn't keep the little bull even in the same pasture more less the same pen as the others. He'd whip every body and everything. He was the bull they turned out with the clowns. (No he wasn't mescun) they finally had to get rid of him cause he kept hurting people. His anger for being tiny, plus the fact his small size made him corner faster than a big bull..or a bullfighter . They just couldn't handle him.

I want to follow up. Fire Sweep is busy. But she sent me a text saying I was crazy if I thought the calf was a true genetic dwarf. Lol

Latest posts