Bball - more calves

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Bball - more calves

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:46 am

I have a hot wire that calves can get under to get out from under mom's feet. These pictures show a congregation in the shop area where I throw down some hay and put out the feed troughs for the calves. Where that red gate is in the background, there is a false hotwire (not electrified). I can close the gate when the calves are all in. Then I can herd them into the halter area for haltering, vaccination, and drenching for worms and coccidiosis.
1 x

BrangusUSA
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Bball - more calves

Postby BrangusUSA » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:25 am

:tiphat: Now those are some nice calves!!! Also gave me some ideas for the future on facilities!
1 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:58 am

Nice bunch..the one does have a dwarfed appearance about it . Be interesting to see how it turns out.
1 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

gizmom
GURU
GURU

Postby gizmom » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:17 pm

nice group of calves and beautiful country.

gizmom
1 x
Respect give it to get it!

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:22 pm

callmefence wrote:Nice bunch..the one does have a dwarfed appearance about it . Be interesting to see how it turns out.

Andy,

I said it in the other thread on this calf. He has a unique look. I would not be surprised to learn he has one of the dwarf genes.

He makes me laugh. I get so much enjoyment out of his character. He walks around the group like he is already the herd bull. He is funnier than shyt.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:08 pm

Really nice set of calves and really beautiful country. I like it.
1 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:16 pm

You should be very proud of that group. Let me know how far in advance I have to speak up to get my hands on some of those Simm ladies for my FIL :lol:
Seriously Ron. Beautiful group and I can't wait to see their progression...especially Gimli (the dwarf looking fella with potential)..yes, I'm calling him Gimli for now.
1 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.
-Anais Nin

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:32 pm

bball wrote:You should be very proud of that group. Let me know how far in advance I have to speak up to get my hands on some of those Simm ladies for my FIL :lol:
Seriously Ron. Beautiful group and I can't wait to see their progression...especially Gimli (the dwarf looking fella with potential)..yes, I'm calling him Gimli for now.

I like that. Gimli. :lol:

Look how he presents himself. I may keep him as my mascot.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:00 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
callmefence wrote:Nice bunch..the one does have a dwarfed appearance about it . Be interesting to see how it turns out.

Andy,

I said it in the other thread on this calf. He has a unique look. I would not be surprised to learn he has one of the dwarf genes.

He makes me laugh. I get so much enjoyment out of his character. He walks around the group like he is already the herd bull. He is funnier than shyt.

I knew a dwarfed braford bull once. He was tigerstriped and had big turned down Hereford horns. He belonged to a rodeo stock contractor in Johnson county. They couldn't keep the little bull even in the same pasture more less the same pen as the others. He'd whip every body and everything. He was the bull they turned out with the clowns. (No he wasn't mescun) they finally had to get rid of him cause he kept hurting people. His anger for being tiny, plus the fact his small size made him corner faster than a big bull..or a bullfighter . They just couldn't handle him.
1 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:13 am

callmefence wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Andy,

I knew a dwarfed braford bull once. He was tigerstriped and had big turned down Hereford horns. He belonged to a rodeo stock contractor in Johnson county. They couldn't keep the little bull even in the same pasture more less the same pen as the others. He'd whip every body and everything. He was the bull they turned out with the clowns. (No he wasn't mescun) they finally had to get rid of him cause he kept hurting people. His anger for being tiny, plus the fact his small size made him corner faster than a big bull..or a bullfighter . They just couldn't handle him.

I want to follow up. Fire Sweep is busy. But she sent me a text saying I was crazy if I thought the calf was a true genetic dwarf. Lol
0 x

mrvictordomino
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby mrvictordomino » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:27 am

Great looking set of calves. A real nice facility setup to handle your calves.
0 x
www.jmsvictordomino.com

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:29 am

mrvictordomino wrote:Great looking set of calves. A real nice facility setup to handle your calves.

Thank you sir!
0 x

Return to “Breeds Board”