The right to protest?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible situation. In regard to the statement that we will lose some freedom over that, I believe that with freedom comes responsibility. No matter the perceived injustice, reacting with hate and violence solves nothing.

Ky hills":286vhfzi said:
Terrible situation. In regard to the statement that we will lose some freedom over that, I believe that with freedom comes responsibility. No matter the perceived injustice, reacting with hate and violence solves nothing.

I feelings exactly. This extremism is turning into the Hatfields and McCoys. These Nazis need to put down the confederate flag and stop soiling it with their filth.

Well the cops sure didn't protect and serve. I can't believe that the driver wasn't shot - killed when they were backing up. The cops and everyone there was very lucky that the driver didn't really want to cause mass casualties.
I'm not sure what I'm suggesting, I can't believe that this stuff is still happening. We have the freedom of speech and the right to protest - assemble. We have no right to harm, kill, loot and burn places to the ground.

TB ,I re-read your second post again. Can't tell if you are picking a fight or not so I may have fussed at you for nothing and if so I apologize. I agree this isn't about monuments, especially for me. I have young kids and I see this constant spiral out of control and people as a whole are to worried about making right how they feel they were wronged by history than learning so as not to repeat it. Worried what the future holds for us all. If equality is the goal we aren't going to get it this way. Also people need to realize just because it isn't easy doesn't mean you aren't getting a fair shake. Life is hard and making your situation better is even harder, if you want to go up you gotta climb.

Everybody in that war was fighting for what they believed was right. That alone is something to learn from.

The young officer, in the photo that Jogee posted, I can only imagine the thoughts going through his mind. He shows professionalism. I can't imagine being in his shoes, remaining neutral and protecting the very people who wish me harm.

We went last year to the alabama capitol building. We were lucky enough to have personal tour guide who was with MLK Jr on the walk from Selma to Montgomery. If you don't know the story Google it. Those people were treated bad to say the least. I will never forget what he said though. The thing that made that march effective and is diffrent from what we have been seeing recently is that no matter what was done to them they never fought back and remained peaceful. That is what caught the attention of the nation and brought the change they wanted. Peaceful protest.

Caustic Burno":huu0bmty said:
SmokinM":huu0bmty said:
Black lives matter protest gets violent and are destructive and we have to do more, police told to stand down. Whites show up to protest their heritage and they are disgusting and need to go home. Boy am I glad this clown only runs our state for another year. Not a good thing that happened and thoughts and prayers to all the families of those injured. However I think it is pretty obvious we are protesting to late and our rights dont matter. I am not about supremacy but had enough of the inequality b.s. Don't think the inequality runs the direction they try to sell you.

War is coming and it isn't going to be north and south this time.
History repeating itself with the rhetoric

I think you may be very right about that.

Larry

Workinonit Farm":2upxh9lv said:
The young officer, in the photo that Jogee posted, I can only imagine the thoughts going through his mind. He shows professionalism. I can't imagine being in his shoes, remaining neutral and protecting the very people who wish me harm.

That struck me as well.

boondocks":uhcyt9cj said:
Workinonit Farm":uhcyt9cj said:

That struck me as well.
I'm not in any trying to take away from what y'all are saying. You actually made me think of this.
Think of the flip side of that. The right to peacefully protest is what laid the way for him to be in the job he's in.

jedstivers":17sc16st said:
boondocks":17sc16st said:
Workinonit Farm":17sc16st said:

That struck me as well.
I'm not in any trying to take away from what y'all are saying. You actually made me think of this.
Think of the flip side of that. The right to peacefully protest is what laid the way for him to be in the job he's in.

That is true and had those protests not been successful he would not have been standing there but they were successful and institutional discrimination ended. However, in our attempt to make up for - for lack of a better term - our past sins we are replacing this form of discrimination with yet another form of discrimination that many know as reverse discrimination. Any form of discrimination is wrong.

Just like SmokinM pointed out about our unity during the war, we are a nation of people and we are stronger as a people. Trump's recent Tweet regarding this tragedy says just that and echoes what SmokinM says. We need to unite as a nation and find common ground rather than focus on our differences. Our differences is what makes america great. The division and compartmentalization of people into groups by Obama was terrible for the country. If you stop and think about it, compartmentalization into "identities" or socio-economic groups magnifies the number of people who feel marginalized by society and breeds hate and contempt. You'll never destroy America as a unified people but its people can definitely destroy America.

Jogeephus":2ndwqzne said:
If you stop and think about it, compartmentalization into "identities" or socio-economic groups magnifies the number of people who feel marginalized by society and breeds hate and contempt. You'll never destroy America as a unified people but its people can definitely destroy America.
Well said!

SmokinM":1ypckxua said:
History is there to learn from, destroy it and you learn nothing. If they want monuments for their heritage ok no problem. I will accept and learn about anybodies heritage and they can celebrate it in any peaceful manner they like. I am entitled to the same, it is called- equality.

TB you like to argue and I ain't bitin, you got your opinion I got mine. That is freedom embrace it. I don't give a crap about a statue but I work hard for everything I have, mind my own business, pull my own weight and would like for every one else to do the same.
A tip of the hat to you SM....those are all good qualities. Now if we can just convince those that disagree and think violence is always the answer.

Jogeephus":2btqsm6z said:
True Grit Farms":2btqsm6z said:
I was wondering where the heck was the cops? And did the vehicle intentionally run folks over or were they just trying to get the heck out of town? Was the driver was a protester or anti - protester?
Everyone has the right to protest and the right to protection while doing so.

Here is a picture showing one officer. I think if you look in the background you can see where a lot of the problem lies. Nazi extremists. Take note of the sign. These troublemakers weren't demonstrating for any monuments they were just spewing hate.

wsoZ1ZX.jpg

ABSOLUTELY !!!! :nod:

SmokinM":29yuqt93 said:
TB ,I re-read your second post again. Can't tell if you are picking a fight or not so I may have fussed at you for nothing and if so I apologize. I agree this isn't about monuments, especially for me. I have young kids and I see this constant spiral out of control and people as a whole are to worried about making right how they feel they were wronged by history than learning so as not to repeat it. Worried what the future holds for us all. If equality is the goal we aren't going to get it this way. Also people need to realize just because it isn't easy doesn't mean you aren't getting a fair shake. Life is hard and making your situation better is even harder, if you want to go up you gotta climb.

Everybody in that war was fighting for what they believed was right. That alone is something to learn from.
It was not intended to incite or cause anger. Just my feelings. We're good. :nod:

Now if we can just convince those that disagree and think violence is always the answer.
Violence (against govt) is always acceptable (barely) but only when all other forms of protest & dissent fails.

Violence as a method of protest against society itself is sometimes a much grayer line, but it rarely produces the desired effect, and usually has the opposite results.

greybeard":8e2h9hc9 said:
Now if we can just convince those that disagree and think violence is always the answer.
Violence (against govt) is always acceptable (barely) but only when all other forms of protest & dissent fails.

Violence as a method of protest against society itself is sometimes a much grayer line, but it rarely produces the desired effect, and usually has the opposite results.

The Taliban were statue removers as well. The left thinks like them it changes history.
IMOO it only entrenchs the opposite sides and fuels the divisions.
Lot of similarities today in our nation with the 1850's.

I support anyone's right to protest. I believe the right people don't protest enough. I am not KKK or anything like that, my kids are biracial, but I have absolutely no problem nor am embarrassed with my southern heritage. Actually proud of the toughness and the will to survive in a harsh southern enviroment. People making a big deal about the statues and a flag, very stupid The politicians have divided this country into PC classes and racial dicision, since division plays more power and votes into their hands. There may be a big eruption coming but hopefully I am kept out of it. Conservatives and whites will lose. We are outnumbered and don't control the major economical centers of the country. Too many brain washed safe space cry babies siding with the alternative left and too many young people apologizing and feeling guilty for being a certain color. I never will. Just read my bottom signature. It is happening today.

BK9954":1xkrt4ef said:
I support anyone's right to protest. I believe the right people don't protest enough. I am not KKK or anything like that, my kids are biracial, but I have absolutely no problem nor am embarrassed with my southern heritage. Actually proud of the toughness and the will to survive in a harsh southern enviroment. People making a big deal about the statues and a flag, very stupid The politicians have divided this country into PC classes and racial dicision, since division plays more power and votes into their hands. There may be a big eruption coming but hopefully I am kept out of it. Conservatives and whites will lose. We are outnumbered and don't control the major economical centers of the country. Too many brain washed safe space cry babies siding with the alternative left and too many young people apologizing and feeling guilty for being a certain color. I never will. Just read my bottom signature. It is happening today.

I disagree we're armed and they don't even know what bathroom to use.
Cut off the food supply for three days and they will be killing each other.
This war is going to be conservative versus liberal.

Status
Not open for further replies.