Hold my beer watch this...

Help Support CattleToday:

If the tractor doesn't have an overrunning clutch and isn't hydraulically engaged, it does work... desperate times call for desperate measures though

"Back in the day" plenty of tractors were started off the flat belt from another tractor, starting from the PTO isn't much different.

kenny thomas":32ef17zr said:
chevytaHOE5674":32ef17zr said:
"Back in the day" plenty of tractors were started off the flat belt from another tractor, starting from the PTO isn't much different.
And before that they had a hand crank.

I will use the hand crank on my cub a few times a year

5 years ago I bought a JD 720 diesel with a pony motor start. I had to get a friend to show me how to start it. Push this button pull this lever. How many people know how to start a tractor with a Belt? I have seen it done but it's been 50 years so I doubt I can.

kenny thomas":13zptrrl said:
5 years ago I bought a JD 720 diesel with a pony motor start. I had to get a friend to show me how to start it. Push this button pull this lever. How many people know how to start a tractor with a Belt? I have seen it done but it's been 50 years so I doubt I can.

How many people know how to start a tractor with a burning stick or cigarette and a shotgun shell?

skyhightree1":1d7c9wq6 said:
kenny thomas":1d7c9wq6 said:

How many people know how to start a tractor with a burning stick or cigarette and a shotgun shell?
Ok, you got me there, never heard of that.

kenny thomas":3o8p0w74 said:
skyhightree1":3o8p0w74 said:
kenny thomas":3o8p0w74 said:

Ok, you got me there, never heard of that.

Wow.. Kenny I figured you would know about that.

Latest posts