Interesting voting facts.

Help Support CattleToday:

boondocks":230ub4il said:
Jogeephus":230ub4il said:
[

That may well be the case. Personally I could do without the talking heads on either side.

Totally agree. The advent of cable tv hurt America, imho. All of a sudden there were too many hours of programming to be filled, and talking heads are way cheaper than news divisions and investigative reporting. The "punditry class" play to our basest, hard-wired fears and worst instincts. Now we're at the point where people can't distinguish fact from opinion, and think the talk shows and talk radio are (objective) news....People are being manipulated 24/7 and don't realize. Or care.
Yep...
sheep_off_cliff.jpg

The one that got me was NPR being in the center. I unfortunately work with some extremely liberal people (one is on her way to DC now to join the protest and about half the others plan to protest here this weekend). They all listen to NPR and swear it is the gospel truth.

ditto here....

we must recall that the third generation of liberal education is now in school being taught by the second generation

perception is reality.

emoluments clause of the us constitution is the clause that urges political people to get private email servers so they don't get caught selling access to themselves or other politicians to foreigners.

True Grit Farms":29fxkb5i said:
I wonder if the folks in the 487 counties pay more taxes than those who live in the 2,626 counties?

No. But ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and FOX all live in the 487 counties. No one in those networks can relate to people living in the 2, 626 counties. They're out of touch.

Hollywierd intended for Duck Dynasty to be another Beverly Hills type sitcom. They do not understand why the heartland likes the Robertson family. They do not understand a man's word being his bond. That is the people informing America and they think we are idiots.

Superbowl commercials are going to cost a whole lot more than Oscar commercials. There is reasoning behind that.

backhoeboogie":ofjlf5l2 said:
No. But ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and FOX all live in the 487 counties. No one in those networks can relate to people living in the 2, 626 counties. They're out of touch.

Hollywierd intended for Duck Dynasty to be another Beverly Hills type sitcom. They do not understand why the heartland likes the Robertson family. They do not understand a man's word being his bond. That is the people informing America and they think we are idiots.

Superbowl commercials are going to cost a whole lot more than Oscar commercials. There is reasoning behind that.

I'm not a Duck Dynasty fan (I like my ignorance served straight up, without a homophobe chaser), but I do agree that it's hard for people who work in the cities to fully understand rural folks (and of course vice versa). Do you feel that boards like this help? What about community chat rooms/message boards?
Anyone else have a local Topix online community? We do but it's pretty rank. What are some of the other, new media serving rural areas and small towns--wasn't there a thing called Dogpatch? I don't think that's the right name but it was/is a (small n) network of online local news...

boondocks":13auhyta said:
backhoeboogie":13auhyta said:

I'm not a Duck Dynasty fan (I like my ignorance served straight up, without a homophobe chaser), but I do agree that it's hard for people who work in the cities to fully understand rural folks (and of course vice versa). Do you feel that boards like this help? What about community chat rooms/message boards?
Anyone else have a local Topix online community? We do but it's pretty rank. What are some of the other, new media serving rural areas and small towns--wasn't there a thing called Dogpatch? I don't think that's the right name but it was/is a (small n) network of online local news...
Is it really a "phobia" just because a guy doesn't agree with homosexuality??

TennesseeTuxedo":10j2xoez said:
hurleyjd":10j2xoez said:
We have three more days and then through the next few months we will find out what will happen. All of us are in the same boat and I hope it does not spring any leaks. Good are bad we will survive better of or worse it will affect all of us.

We survived the "Obama Experiment" so we can survive anything.

Hopefully we learned our lesson with him.
No we didnt, our chickens, of liberal, politically correct, everyone gets a trophy, hyperly sensitive racial propoganda taught at schools and universities will come home to roost. The political climate will change again. Get ready for the next one now. It will be worse then the last 8 years. They will come back with a vengeance and someone even more radical will get elected. Mark my words. And who knows if we will survive the next radical that gets elected. If our economy tanks, great depression hits, people lose everything, it can get a lot worse. Plus we cant ride this bubble of national debt forever. Its going to pop sooner or later. Is everyone here ready?

Caustic Burno":18do87td said:
boondocks":18do87td said:
Thanks for making my point, CF.

(And calling Fox left of center is an......interesting position).

Do you really think it's a centrist position to argue that the fed government should hold no land other than DC and military bases? Just as one example, there is huge bipartisan support for the national parks.

I'll stop now so as to not get into politics and get the thread tossed....

If you believe in the constitution then absolutely all lands not stated to own by the Federal government should be owned and governed by the states
I often said if Hitler had our media with his propaganda he would have won.
The Constitution went out the window when the Civil War was lost. It hasn't been followed since then.

Rafter S":ymebqo0t said:
If we went with a national sales tax it's true that there would be an immediate increase in the cost of goods and services, but since we weren't paying income tax we'd have more money to spend, so I wouldn't think that would be an issue. And think of how simple it would be if we didn't have to file income tax forms. I know there would be a lot of CPAs and lawyers out of work, but they'd find something else to do. And it would encourage people to save money since you wouldn't be paying taxes on investments or savings.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not an economist, or very smart, but I'm thinking it might not be a bad deal.
If we went to a national sales tax and didn't pay in income tax that means everybody will pay tax. What a wonderful idea. I have employees that work for me that didn't pay a dime in taxes, claimed their children and get $8,000 back, absolutely crazy. Everyone should contribute, not just the ones who make more.

TexasBred":27qoc9uh said:
boondocks":27qoc9uh said:
backhoeboogie":27qoc9uh said:

Is it really a "phobia" just because a guy doesn't agree with homosexuality??
Liberals are Christophobe, so they have make everyone else look bad, and belittle them, so they feel better about themselves.

Or maybe just maybe some of us believe marriage should be between one man and one woman. I don't like queers but what a person does in private is none of my business. But that's not good enough, the queers want to flaunt their lifestyle in front of myself and my family.

backhoeboogie":zd3aplwb said:
:clap:

BK9954":2t0tsaoz said:
Rafter S":2t0tsaoz said:
If we went with a national sales tax it's true that there would be an immediate increase in the cost of goods and services, but since we weren't paying income tax we'd have more money to spend, so I wouldn't think that would be an issue. And think of how simple it would be if we didn't have to file income tax forms. I know there would be a lot of CPAs and lawyers out of work, but they'd find something else to do. And it would encourage people to save money since you wouldn't be paying taxes on investments or savings.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not an economist, or very smart, but I'm thinking it might not be a bad deal.
If we went to a national sales tax and didn't pay in income tax that means everybody will pay tax. What a wonderful idea. I have employees that work for me that didn't pay a dime in taxes, claimed their children and get $8,000 back, absolutely crazy. Everyone should contribute, not just the ones who make more.

Try paying your help better salary and they will not need the $8,000 to keep the household going. You do relize that the $8,000 is a subsidy from the rest of us to keep your business going.

hurleyjd":2vheipio said:
BK9954":2vheipio said:
Rafter S":2vheipio said:

Try paying your help better salary and they will not need the $8,000 to keep the household going. You do relize that the $8,000 is a subsidy from the rest of us to keep your business going.
Thanks for the advice but paying my waiters more is not an option. Making them claim more tips is like strip searching every night and running help off. Texas is 2.13 an hour for waitststaff but they probably average $20 to $25 an hour in tips. Them claiming more tips is between them and the IRS. I all my years of restaurants I have never seen an IRS audit of a waiter. Intergrity is a personal choice.

hurleyjd":346rttd8 said:
BK9954":346rttd8 said:
Rafter S":346rttd8 said:

Or you could look at it another way. Since the employer matches the payroll taxes then why is it when employees send their taxes in and they get a refund why isn't half the refund the employer's? So who is really being taxed? Of course if the government did this there would be rioting in the streets because everyone would see how greedy the government really is.

Jogeephus":3tcqe6ao said:
hurleyjd":3tcqe6ao said:
BK9954":3tcqe6ao said:

Or you could look at it another way. Since the employer matches the payroll taxes then why is it when employees send their taxes in and they get a refund why isn't half the refund the employer's? So who is really being taxed? Of course if the government did this there would be rioting in the streets because everyone would see how greedy the government really is.
Absolutely, it cost my company so much to pay payroll taxes on my employees. I review ALL the numbers. Employees dont understand we could pay more if uncle Sam didnt suffocate business an growth. A lot of people dont realize that. They just think all corporations should pay more. My company makes $.10 on the dollar. You think we should pay more HurleyJD?????

Latest posts