What have you done lately that made you question your intelligence?

Help Support CattleToday:

I did it again today while moving it from one pond to another, except I was the responsible adult riding shotgun, letting my grandson drive. When we go to the pond, grandson said "hey Grampy, where's the canoe?"

Dad had a saying when one of us boys did something stupid, "Those that can't see have to feel their way through".
Sounds like you're going to need a smaller boat…or wider gates

Several years ago I'd had enough of listening to the seatbelt alarm in my truck while driving the backroads at work. So I dug out my owner's manual and got to work. One step in the procedure was to "latch and unlatch the seatbelt 5 times at a moderate speed". So naturally assumed a moderate speed might be about 30 km/h. That didn't work so I tried over and over at progressively faster speeds until I was sure I was well past "moderate speed" particularly on the oilpatch back road I was on. And then I realized what the instruction actually meant.

Several years ago I'd had enough of listening to the seatbelt alarm in my truck while driving the backroads at work. So I dug out my owner's manual and got to work. One step in the procedure was to "latch and unlatch the seatbelt 5 times at a moderate speed". So naturally assumed a moderate speed might be about 30 km/h. That didn't work so I tried over and over at progressively faster speeds until I was sure I was well past "moderate speed" particularly on the oilpatch back road I was on. And then I realized what the instruction actually meant.
Heh…had to chuckle at that

Mr TC just keeps his seatbelt latched and sits on it. Pretty much the same with our Polaris Rangers. They have a governor unless you buckle the seat belt, so we keep 'em latched and the straps shoved behind the seats. Problem solved.

Mr TC just keeps his seatbelt latched and sits on it. Pretty much the same with our Polaris Rangers. They have a governor unless you buckle the seat belt, so we keep 'em latched and the straps shoved behind the seats. Problem solved.
I've had three good friends killed in car accidents. Common theme? They weren't wearing their seat belts.

Not to put a damper on the discussion, and in an ATV I suspect it isn't "as" important...

I've had three good friends killed in car accidents. Common theme? They weren't wearing their seat belts.

Not to put a damper on the discussion, and in an ATV I suspect it isn't "as" important...
I should have clarified he only does that with the seatbelt in the Man Truck around the ranch.

On the flip side, I was t-boned by a driver that ran a red light when I was 16 and the only thing that saved me was the fact I wasn't wearing a seatbelt. The driver side door was pushed in past the steering wheel. Of course, that was before wearing a seatbelt became a law.

I should have clarified he only does that with the seatbelt in the Man Truck around the ranch.

On the flip side, I was t-boned by a driver that ran a red light when I was 16 and the only thing that saved me was the fact I wasn't wearing a seatbelt. The driver side door was pushed in past the steering wheel. Of course, that was before wearing a seatbelt became a law.
Yup, it happens. One out of a hundred...

I have a 1500 square foot deck that I decided I would strip and re-stain…..I got a third of it stripped yesterday and I started questioning my intelligence.
Had a neighbor that decided to rent one of those big belted sanders to sand of their deck. Dad told them you get ahold of that thing because it was a lot of power. They said ya ya ya; it jerked them both off the deck. a good thing the deck was only a foot of the ground.

Had a neighbor that decided to rent one of those big belted sanders to sand of their deck. Dad told them you get ahold of that thing because it was a lot of power. They said ya ya ya; it jerked them both off the deck. a good thing the deck was only a foot of the ground.
My dad was using a handheld belt sander one time. It had a trigger lock and was locked on full speed when he let his grip loose. It took off across the board toward me and my brother, climbed brothers shirt and tucked right underneath his chin when the cord jerked from the wall. Brother thought he'd been snake bit

Latest posts