Zero Turn Lawn Mowers

Help Support CattleToday:

grannysoo":1752r6d8 said:
plumber_greg":1752r6d8 said:
Just remember, if you like to drink beer and mow the yard, you can't if both hands are busy. gs

This is one of the smartest things that has been said on this thread. I guess if you're going to get a zero turn and drink beer, then you're going to need one of those beer helmets with the tube running down into your mouth. :mrgreen:

It may be possible to mow the lawn without beer, but I couldn't say for sure.

grannysoo":2hfazabl said:
plumber_greg":2hfazabl said:
Just remember, if you like to drink beer and mow the yard, you can't if both hands are busy. gs

This is one of the smartest things that has been said on this thread. I guess if you're going to get a zero turn and drink beer, then you're going to need one of those beer helmets with the tube running down into your mouth. :mrgreen:

I think those two posts helped me make my decision. I think I'll stick with the tractor type....it even has a beer holder on it. The beer helmet would be too hot during the summer "unless"....

TexasBred":3e39uqr1 said:
I think those two posts helped me make my decision. I think I'll stick with the tractor type....it even has a beer holder on it. The beer helmet would be too hot during the summer "unless"....
TB
The wife looked at a tractor type that was zero turn the other day I beleive it was a cub cadet
because she doesn't like the zero turns with the levers
this one looks just like a regular mower pretty neat

TexasBred":37t33pbo said:
grannysoo":37t33pbo said:
plumber_greg":37t33pbo said:

Why do you think I don't have a zero turn, Tex? :lol2:

I would never use a riding lawn mower after using a zero turn. As for holding a beer and mow at the same time, after you get used to mowing I only use one hand anyways, just put my left hand in the middle of the two joysticks and away I go.

I use Scag's for 9 1\2 years, they were the best of the best in their time, they were way outdated years ago and have done zero improvements since then, they are the most ridged zero turn, very rough riding! Exmark was on top of the game for the last 4-5 years and would have stayed that way but decided to completely redo their mower and ruined it, everyone around here hates it now. The Kobota diesel sucks, it has no power and doesn't rev up enough! I would NEVER have one. The Kobota mower won't hang a hill at all and has no tip (mower blade) speed. The hydraulic deck rocks, I love it. The Kohler carb. motor is the best of the best, very smooth and long lasting, two quarts of oil and filter every 50hrs and that thing will last forever, tons of power to. The Kawasaki sucks, it overheats (liquid cooled) is cold blooded and eats gas! The Farris is way over priced! The Bush hog seems to be a good mower and can be had for much cheaper then the other mowers but I don't think it would last as long as some of the better ones out there, they do have the big hydros and big Kohler motor. The bush hog scalps like crazy and makes a yard look very bad.

There is no perfect mower but doing your research, having a good dealer, and getting a good price will go a long way! If you buy a quality mower (not something from TSC or Lows) and take GREAT care of it you will have a great machine, most guys don't have problems with mowers that they don't bring on themselfs, they beat them down and dont maintain them, makes me sick!

john250":vg475lu8 said:
grannysoo":vg475lu8 said:
plumber_greg":vg475lu8 said:

It may be possible to mow the lawn without beer, but I couldn't say for sure.

Possibly but I can't find anyone that's tried it. :lol2: :lol2:

""The Bush hog seems to be a good mower and can be had for much cheaper then the other mowers but I don't think it would last as long as some of the better ones out there, they do have the big hydros and big Kohler motor. The bush hog scalps like crazy and makes a yard look very bad.""

BINGO on the B-H, I've had a M2561 since 04, got about 400hrs on it,, But the deck design & deck leveling SUCKS!!

We mow five acres, it used to take my wife and I both on lawn tractors over 4 hours to mow. We had a 40" poulan and a old 38" john deere.
We bought a commercial Cub Cadet Recon last June and If I'm mowing I can get it done in an hour and 10 minutes. Takes my wife about 2 hours. I go wide open. She enjoys mowing and takes her time. She didn't enjoy the 4 hour ordeals once a week though.
She was very sceptical about spending $7000.00 for a mower, she said there couldn't be that much difference. You would have a major battle on your hands if you tried to take it away, after the first 30 minutes she was hooked. I only mowed 2 or 3 times last summer, she wouldn't let me touch it. Now that I don't mind mowing too bad I don't get to.
I don't know how good the Home Depot, Lowes ZTRs are. I figured we needed a commercial one to last a long time.

i don't know where your located but if your not too far from graham tx
graham tractor and farm supply has several they need to move.